• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Avengers 2: Age of Ultron - Seriously

2,574 posts in this topic

You know what was surprisingly good? Constantine

I thought it was pretty good. had no idea it was a comic when I saw it. Although I will say I generally like Keanu in his movies, except Dracula.

It had nothing to do with the original material, apart from the name, but I enjoyed it.

Never read the comics but I would give them a go after watching that

I thought it was pretty good. had no idea it was a comic when I saw it. Although I will say I generally like Keanu in his movies, except Dracula.

I liked the Constantine movie for what it was (including the Spear of Destiny and his spiritual conflict with Lucifer for his soul was really cool). But I also was okay with his portrayal of Jonathan Harker in Bram Stoker's Dracula. Though I know with the latter a few folks didn't care for him in the film.

I liked the Constantine movie for what it was (including the Spear of Destiny and his spiritual conflict with Lucifer for his soul was really cool). But I also was okay with his portrayal of Jonathan Harker in Bram Stoker's Dracula. Though I know with the latter a few folks didn't care for him in the film.

He didn't do as bad as I thought he would in Dracula, I think it was more of a miscasting than anything wrong with Keanu. But while I was watching it I just couldn't shake the feeling that there HAD to be someone better for the role.

He didn't do as bad as I thought he would in Dracula, I think it was more of a miscasting than anything wrong with Keanu. But while I was watching it I just couldn't shake the feeling that there HAD to be someone better for the role.

lol

Poor Keanu.

I thought Ultron was pretty good. Not as good as the first Avengers. But far from bad. It did have setup for the future movies which some seem to have a problem with. I thought the biggest problem was how fast Ultron came about and to me how it was written or came off like Ultron was created solely by Stark. When Thanos was involved. At least Ultron immediately went to get his body back in that Euro country and the code for Ultron needed what was in Loki's staff to work.

I thought Ultron was pretty good. Not as good as the first Avengers. But far from bad. It did have setup for the future movies which some seem to have a problem with. I thought the biggest problem was how fast Ultron came about and to me how it was written or came off like Ultron was created solely by Stark. When Thanos was involved. At least Ultron immediately went to get his body back in that Euro country and the code for Ultron needed what was in Loki's staff to work.

I must have missed that part.

Thanos was aware that the Mind Gem in Loki's scepter was essentially a self-contained AI system that the Earth's heroes would likely activate, which would allow Thanos to come down on the Earth after it had been devastated. It seems sort of like a failsafe just in case Loki failed to acquire the Tesseract.

What I've never understood is why Thanos would gamble losing the Mind Gem to acquire the Space Gem. Couldn't he have figured something else out? It seems too risky, and obviously it didn't work out for him since he appears to own a grand total of zero Infinity Gems at the moment.

That's what his after credits scene is all about.

Thanos was aware that the Mind Gem in Loki's scepter was essentially a self-contained AI system that the Earth's heroes would likely activate, which would allow Thanos to come down on the Earth after it had been devastated. It seems sort of like a failsafe just in case Loki failed to acquire the Tesseract.

What I've never understood is why Thanos would gamble losing the Mind Gem to acquire the Space Gem. Couldn't he have figured something else out? It seems too risky, and obviously it didn't work out for him since he appears to own a grand total of zero Infinity Gems at the moment.

I thought his plan was to destroy the Earth or at least the Avengers. He could pick the Gems up afterwards.

Never saw Elektra, Catwoman, Jonah Hex, or either Ghost Rider (might'a caught part of GR 1 in passing). Haven't seen the latest FF.
Watching these only enhances the better movies, so I recommend you catch them someday. (thumbs u

All are painful but Jonah Hex actually made me cry. And not in a good way.

For me, Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance was absolute torture. In the same league of Batman & Robin really, with less neon. Those two gave ASM 2 a Merchant-Ivory type level of acting quality. lol