• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Avengers 2: Age of Ultron - Seriously

2,574 posts in this topic

I would hate to see the franchise overuse him, buttttttt... he was soooooo needed as a decent villain. A big miss for the studio and the audience.

Were you able to watch the video, and see the reason why they pulled him out?

What I disliked about Age of Ultron was that Ultron wasn't really shown to be a menace or a threat to humankind until the end when they did the big reveal about his master plan...but yet we were expected to go "Oh okay, he attacked the Avengers so he must be bad and if they say he's a global threat then he must be!" which just didn't really pan out for me. I think if they'd shown just one instance of Ultron attacking a city or if maybe he'd orchestrated the genocide of an entire population of a city....something that showed "OHHHHH he's EVIL!" then I could've been more interested in seeing the outcome. I loved the part where he said he wasn't going to give away his master plan which did break stereotype but at some point we really needed more than Stark and Banner going "Oh this is bad!" to really draw emphasis on what it was that Ultron could do to the world.

Finally saw this on one of the HBO channels last week. I thought it was a big, big disappointment.

+1

blah

Excellent film to nap by. zzz

Finally saw this on one of the HBO channels last week. I thought it was a big, big disappointment.

+1

blah

The Marvel Cinematic Universe films are getting a bit too formulaic now.

+1

blah

Not enough car chases and explosions.

+1

blah

Yup. Not metal enough for me. :baiting:

They should have left this in.

:applause:

Don't think this adds anything. Just more fighting, which isn't really the point of the scene.

I think this movie is much better than most do.

I've caught parts of it on cable lately. I like being able to dip in and out for one or two scenes at a time.

when i watched it the first time in the theater, i felt the pacing was weird. But i've appreciated the piecemeal scenes much more. Also, the more I watch it, the more I start to understand ultron's point of view. I don't agree with it, but I can see how some people get to that point.

Also, I probably still need more explanation of what Thor saw in his dream.

Norn Cave Deleted Scene - Marvel's Avengers: Age of Ultron

Marvel Entertainment has officially released the deleted "Norn Cave" scene from Avengers: Age of Ultron.

This is the deleted Thor scene director Joss Whedon discussed during an Empire Podcast in May. "The original scene was that Thor went to speak to the Norn and how it would work was that he’d go in the pool and the Norn possess him, basically, and Erik Selvig asks all the questions, and the Norn, speaking through Thor, give the answers," Whedon explained. "So Chris [Hemsworth] got to do something different, and he really threw himself into it, and he did a beautiful job, but it wasn’t well regarded by the test audiences and I feel it’s probably largely because it was a rough cut with no effects, but also because it’s something that in a Thor movie would work brilliantly, but in this movie is just a little too left of centre."

If you remember, Thor left Hawkeye's farmhouse because he felt unsettled about the visions he had while under Scarlet Witch's spell. So he headed off to London and asked for Dr. Selvig (Stellan Skarsgard) to assist him on a dangerous mission. We briefly saw Thor enter the cave and have a vision of the Infinity Gauntlet, but that was about it.

+1

blah

What about the guy who played the guitar while strapped to the front of the truck? That was super awesome!

+1

blah

What about the guy who played the guitar while strapped to the front of the truck? That was super awesome!

Thats was very annoying.

+1

blah

Thats was very annoying.

We're both into metal and share the same opinion about that. (thumbs u

Norn Cave Deleted Scene - Marvel's Avengers: Age of Ultron

Marvel Entertainment has officially released the deleted "Norn Cave" scene from Avengers: Age of Ultron.

Definitely enjoying these deleted scenes more than Widow/Banner scenes.

+1

blah

Thats was very annoying.

Nah, it was essential to the plot.