Avengers 2: Age of Ultron - Seriously

2,580 posts in this topic

9,328 posts

If they released a directors cut of AoU I would revisit the movie for another viewing.

10,703 posts

I really liked Age of Ultron. Not as well as the first movie, but I thought it was good.

Own it on Blu-ray.

I've liked the majority of the superhero movies I've seen.

Green Lantern was okay. So was Affleck's Daredevil.

Spidey 3 was a let-down but the first two were fantastic.

I liked Man of Steel, but it did seem a bit off, tonally.

Liked all the Dark Knights, although the first one was a little slow for me. Second one was great. Third one was pretty good.

Never saw Elektra, Catwoman, Jonah Hex, or either Ghost Rider (might'a caught part of GR 1 in passing). Haven't seen the latest FF.

For the most part the movies seem to be getting better as they go along.

I haven't seen Bats v Supes yet, as I'm having trouble finding someone who wants to go see it with me. That's not usually a problem with superhero flicks.

I will see it, though.

10,717 posts
Never saw Elektra, Catwoman, Jonah Hex, or either Ghost Rider (might'a caught part of GR 1 in passing). Haven't seen the latest FF.
Watching these only enhances the better movies, so I recommend you catch them someday. (thumbs u

77,739 posts
If they released a directors cut of AoU I would revisit the movie for another viewing.

Unfortunately, Joss Whedon had pointed out there wouldn't be a Director's Cut.

AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON: Joss Whedon Says No To Director’s Cut

But now with that new interview where he is revisiting his feelings at the time, Whedon could change his mind.

88,471 posts

No, please don't.

88,471 posts
Watching these only enhances the better movies, so I recommend you catch them someday. (thumbs u

All are painful but Jonah Hex actually made me cry. And not in a good way.

13,071 posts

You know what was surprisingly good? Constantine

18,662 posts

I thought it was pretty good. had no idea it was a comic when I saw it. Although I will say I generally like Keanu in his movies, except Dracula.

88,471 posts

It had nothing to do with the original material, apart from the name, but I enjoyed it.

13,071 posts

It had nothing to do with the original material, apart from the name, but I enjoyed it.

Never read the comics but I would give them a go after watching that

77,739 posts

I thought it was pretty good. had no idea it was a comic when I saw it. Although I will say I generally like Keanu in his movies, except Dracula.

I liked the Constantine movie for what it was (including the Spear of Destiny and his spiritual conflict with Lucifer for his soul was really cool). But I also was okay with his portrayal of Jonathan Harker in Bram Stoker's Dracula. Though I know with the latter a few folks didn't care for him in the film.

18,662 posts

I liked the Constantine movie for what it was (including the Spear of Destiny and his spiritual conflict with Lucifer for his soul was really cool). But I also was okay with his portrayal of Jonathan Harker in Bram Stoker's Dracula. Though I know with the latter a few folks didn't care for him in the film.

He didn't do as bad as I thought he would in Dracula, I think it was more of a miscasting than anything wrong with Keanu. But while I was watching it I just couldn't shake the feeling that there HAD to be someone better for the role.

77,739 posts

He didn't do as bad as I thought he would in Dracula, I think it was more of a miscasting than anything wrong with Keanu. But while I was watching it I just couldn't shake the feeling that there HAD to be someone better for the role.

lol

Poor Keanu.

309 posts

I thought Ultron was pretty good. Not as good as the first Avengers. But far from bad. It did have setup for the future movies which some seem to have a problem with. I thought the biggest problem was how fast Ultron came about and to me how it was written or came off like Ultron was created solely by Stark. When Thanos was involved. At least Ultron immediately went to get his body back in that Euro country and the code for Ultron needed what was in Loki's staff to work.

1,674 posts
I thought Ultron was pretty good. Not as good as the first Avengers. But far from bad. It did have setup for the future movies which some seem to have a problem with. I thought the biggest problem was how fast Ultron came about and to me how it was written or came off like Ultron was created solely by Stark. When Thanos was involved. At least Ultron immediately went to get his body back in that Euro country and the code for Ultron needed what was in Loki's staff to work.

I must have missed that part.

8,525 posts

Thanos was aware that the Mind Gem in Loki's scepter was essentially a self-contained AI system that the Earth's heroes would likely activate, which would allow Thanos to come down on the Earth after it had been devastated. It seems sort of like a failsafe just in case Loki failed to acquire the Tesseract.

What I've never understood is why Thanos would gamble losing the Mind Gem to acquire the Space Gem. Couldn't he have figured something else out? It seems too risky, and obviously it didn't work out for him since he appears to own a grand total of zero Infinity Gems at the moment.

88,471 posts

That's what his after credits scene is all about.

88,471 posts

Thanos was aware that the Mind Gem in Loki's scepter was essentially a self-contained AI system that the Earth's heroes would likely activate, which would allow Thanos to come down on the Earth after it had been devastated. It seems sort of like a failsafe just in case Loki failed to acquire the Tesseract.

What I've never understood is why Thanos would gamble losing the Mind Gem to acquire the Space Gem. Couldn't he have figured something else out? It seems too risky, and obviously it didn't work out for him since he appears to own a grand total of zero Infinity Gems at the moment.

I thought his plan was to destroy the Earth or at least the Avengers. He could pick the Gems up afterwards.

10,717 posts

All are painful but Jonah Hex actually made me cry. And not in a good way.

For me, Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance was absolute torture. In the same league of Batman & Robin really, with less neon. Those two gave ASM 2 a Merchant-Ivory type level of acting quality. lol

9,328 posts

Have you guys never watched a Uwe Boll movie? Now that's what you call torture.