• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Avengers 2: Age of Ultron - Seriously

2,574 posts in this topic

Hopefully there will be other villains, otherwise the film might feel too much like 'Iron Man 4 featuring The Avengers', if it's just Ultron, with Tony Stark / RDJ being such an imposing personality. Not too sure. hm

So if the Ant-Man movie is third wave do we get a Henry Pym introduction with Avengers #2? Or does Ultron get a new origin?
that's my problem I'm having with this announcement are we going to get a mess load of time travel in the movie.

Time travel :cloud9:

I would assume Ant-Man is introduced in Avengers 2. It would only make sense that way. The Ant-Man/Ultron connection/origin is a good thing and the Marvel movies have a history of respecting important comic events like this, especially ones so integral to a character's identity.

Glad I sold my NM ped copy of Avengers 55 raw on ebay months ago. :P

but the problem I see is that the ant man movie is an origin movie if anything ultron should have been save for the third avengers

I completely agree. It would have been perfect, but I have faith in Marvel. I think they will be able to make it work. Having Pym create Ultron is also a good way to introduce him to the team...maybe...

The long standing rumor for the Ant-Man movie has always been the Ant-Man in that film will be Scott Lang. Pym can appear in Avengers 2 with Ultron with Lang stealing the Ant-Man suit in the Ant-Man solo flick. Come on people it's not that hard.

This is what I think the plot may be. It always bothered me how IM3 didn't give an explicit clue to the next happenings in the marvel cinematic universe. What if...one of the suits we saw at end of IM3 became sentient and imprinted tony starks mind into it. Then Tony tells it to go boom but it doesn't, and is very mad. Boom Ultron is born.

Also, does fox own the rights to adamantium due to Wolverine ownership?

This is what I think the plot may be. It always bothered me how IM3 didn't give an explicit clue to the next happenings in the marvel cinematic universe. What if...one of the suits we saw at end of IM3 became sentient and imprinted tony starks mind into it. Then Tony tells it to go boom but it doesn't, and is very mad. Boom Ultron is born.

Also, does fox own the rights to adamantium due to Wolverine ownership?

Who knows adamantium first appeared in the Avengers so it might be a cross studio thing.

The long standing rumor for the Ant-Man movie has always been the Ant-Man in that film will be Scott Lang.

I hope so, otherwise I'm going to suck rocks on these really nice Marvel Premier 47s I've got stashed.

The long standing rumor for the Ant-Man movie has always been the Ant-Man in that film will be Scott Lang.

I hope so, otherwise I'm going to suck rocks on these really nice Marvel Premier 47s I've got stashed.

Yeah I have some of those along with some Avengers 181.

So if the Ant-Man movie is third wave do we get a Henry Pym introduction with Avengers #2? Or does Ultron get a new origin?
that's my problem I'm having with this announcement are we going to get a mess load of time travel in the movie.

I would assume Ant-Man is introduced in Avengers 2. It would only make sense that way. The Ant-Man/Ultron connection/origin is a good thing and the Marvel movies have a history of respecting important comic events like this, especially ones so integral to a character's identity.

but the problem I see is that the ant man movie is an origin movie if anything ultron should have been save for the third avengers

I completely agree. It would have been perfect, but I have faith in Marvel. I think they will be able to make it work. Having Pym create Ultron is also a good way to introduce him to the team...maybe...

The long standing rumor for the Ant-Man movie has always been the Ant-Man in that film will be Scott Lang. Pym can appear in Avengers 2 with Ultron with Lang stealing the Ant-Man suit in the Ant-Man solo flick. Come on people it's not that hard.

I'll bet you $100 that Pym is the Ant-Man in the solo flick. Come on Mephisto it's not that much money.

PM sent. :sumo:

Bet accepted?

I'm glad you didn't Pm me 1st about this raw Pedigree Avengers 55 meh

It was a Circle 8 copy. Do you still care? :baiting:

YES!!! :baiting:

Sorry bro. I'll make it up to you by buying your undercopy of Av #57. :grin:

I'm surprised you don't already have a 55. That sucks. :P

Well, I totally geeked out when I saw the Ultron news. Always wanted a Avengers 55 (54 and 57 too) but alwais said "I'll get it with my next orde". Damn it. I guess if I want it now I'll have to pay premium.

Well, I totally geeked out when I saw the Ultron news. Always wanted a Avengers 55 (54 and 57 too) but alwais said "I'll get it with my next orde". Damn it. I guess if I want it now I'll have to pay premium.

And you want it even more now, huh? Sucks how that works...

Sorry bro. I'll make it up to you by buying your undercopy of Av #57. :grin:

I'm surprised you don't already have a 55. That sucks. :P

Of course I already have a 55, I'm a hoarder though! lol

Kevin Feige told the Empire Magazin, that the the title is 'borrowed' from the comic, but bears no relation to that arc.

My only concern is: I hope that every Avenger gets to fight some charismatic villain and not only an Robot army which was created by Ultron.