• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

So what is YOUR birthday comic?
2 2

240 posts in this topic

While I have been collecting for most of my life it was only about 2 years ago that I actually got ahold (CGC 7.5 red label for $20) of Uncanny X-Men #142 - a favourite cover / story of mine (from alternate reprints and TPB) and realized it was published in the same month/year of my birthday!

I think everyone has such an issue - out of all the comics that were published in your birthday month/year which do you relate to the most and think represents you and your collection the best? and do you OWN a copy of it?

I'm not sure if this sort of thing has ever been done/posted but kinda interesting to me.

Like I mentioned above, here is my birthday issue:

February 1981!

142-1.jpg

You can easily find out yours by checking this page out. Comic books by month/year

Great topic.

We're so close in birthdays - I had to look mine up.

Your title is great, but now that I know this fun fact, I have to have this issue..maybe two.

January 1981:

:D That's a great issue to have regardless of birthday! (Though admittedly I don't own an original copy of 141 yet. I bring great shame to my dynasty! I must fix this at once!)

I think there was a simliar thread in one of the sub-forums.

At any rate, there were a bunch of books published in November of '69 but I consider this one my b-day book. :)

AmazingSpider-Man078_zps65f2d86b.jpg

How fun! This actually came out the day before my birthday, which is October 2,1983. Wonder Woman was my first Halloween costume, and I have early memories of watching reruns of the show in the kids room at my parents gym. Today I have her symbol on my phone, so I guess I should hunt this issue down.

EboCv7P.jpg

Edited by PennyCentury

I don't own this one.

1069927_10151705601763187_133287390_n.jpg

(and of course, I have to point out, this wasn't published or released in my birth month, but about three months prior to its cover date, as most comic books were back in the 20th century.)

This was also probably one of the first books my brother ever read to me. It helped to bring me into the world of comics. Of course I own it.

2585412911_1e3a8673fe.jpg

Edited by deadleg

I think there was a simliar thread in one of the sub-forums.

At any rate, there were a bunch of books published in November of '69 but I consider this one my b-day book. :)

AmazingSpider-Man078_zps65f2d86b.jpg

For about the 12,000th time, that book was not published in November, 1969. That book was published/onsale in August, 1969.

If you want the Spider-Man book that was on sale in November, 1969, you'd need to buy Spider-Man 81.

This book, for example, has a cover date of December, 1969, yet has a date stamp received of October 29. I'm not sure why this doesn't compute for people.