• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SDCC 2014, July 23-27, San Diego, Ca.

642 posts in this topic

The Sophia Hotel is available from Jully 22nd to the 27th for 208/night on expedia. I would jump on this as you can cancel before the 22nd. I can't take advanage as it does not accomadate family of 4. Good luck
Leslie, Alexandria, and Anthony

:applause: you finally got it after 3 years.

The Sophia Hotel is available from Jully 22nd to the 27th for 208/night on expedia. I would jump on this as you can cancel before the 22nd. I can't take advanage as it does not accomadate family of 4. Good luck

Thanks for the tip. I booked it from 7/23-7/27. (thumbs u

http://www.comic-con.org/cci/2014-cci-badge-preregistration

2014 Badge Preregistration

Comic-Con is working hard to improve the online registration system and will launch Comic-Con 2014 badge preregistration sometime between November 1 and December 31, 2013. Only those that have purchased a Comic-Con 2013 4-Day attendee or 1-Day attendee badge, have a valid Member ID, and retain their actual Comic-Con 2013 badge will be eligible to participate in 2014 badge preregistration.

I would wait till maybe around March or so. They usually open up the Hotel Circle area. It's not walking distance of course but you'll have the hotel shuttle's and or the Trolley so If you want some peace and some what quiet that will be good.

Comic-Con is working hard to improve the online registration system and will launch Comic-Con 2014 badge preregistration sometime between November 1 and December 31, 2013. Only those that have purchased a Comic-Con 2013 4-Day attendee or 1-Day attendee badge, have a valid Member ID, and retain their actual Comic-Con 2013 badge will be eligible to participate in 2014 badge preregistration.

So does this mean that they are selling tickets early to people who went to the con in 2013?

So does this mean that they are selling tickets early to people who went to the con in 2013?

yes, from what i understand on the history, they have always allowed prior year attendees (members) to buy their tix ahead of the public.

the way it has worked for the last few years, is that the number available for pre-reg is capped at a percentage of those avail for the general public.

this all spills out of a fiasco around early registration i think 3 years ago.

prior to 3 years ago, one could just walk up at the con and buy tix for the following year.

prior to 3 years ago, one could just walk up at the con and buy tix for the following year.

I loved that. Pick up your badge, then walk 10 feet to a register and pay for your next year's pass. Totally efficient, and done in minutes. Can't figure out why they stopped doing that.

I loved that. Pick up your badge, then walk 10 feet to a register and pay for your next year's pass. Totally efficient, and done in minutes. Can't figure out why they stopped doing that.

I agree.

I agree.

There is no perfect answer. It's a different world today. People slept outside to be first in line to get tickets for next year. If you were able to get next year's ticket when you picked up tickets, next year's allotment would be sold out by early Thursday. People that had individual days would never be able to get a 4 day pass, and maybe not even a ticket. Remember, they want to keep some tickets available for people that didn't attend in the prior year.

Ron