• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SDCC 2014, July 23-27, San Diego, Ca.

642 posts in this topic

i go through this every couple of months. i spread out my prep over the year, flights, hotel/housing, etc.

and about every 90 days I freak out and think I missed something or forgot something -- usually having to do with getting tix.

the other day i had to track down my 2013 badge so I could take pics just in case I lose it now that they have said you need something (they don't say what) from your 2013 badge in order to get 2014 badge.

i go through this every couple of months. i spread out my prep over the year, flights, hotel/housing, etc.

and about every 90 days I freak out and think I missed something or forgot something -- usually having to do with getting tix.

the other day i had to track down my 2013 badge so I could take pics just in case I lose it now that they have said you need something (they don't say what) from your 2013 badge in order to get 2014 badge.

hm

This year was my first at comic con. Thought i would just cross it out of things to do but honestly I'm looking to make a return in 2014 :wishluck:

hm

This year was my first at comic con. Thought i would just cross it out of things to do but honestly I'm looking to make a return in 2014 :wishluck:

This is how they get you. I started the same way 5 years ago -- wanted to go just once to cross it off my list. Then as soon as I got back I was trying to figure out how to go again. Then after my fourth I felt like I really knew how to create the best SDCC experience for myself. This year was my best SDCC yet.

Looking forward to 2014. Good luck to you on a return.

I've been checking daily and was able to book Tuesday through Monday at the Marriott Gaslamp last week. It looks to be sold out now but there's been a few popping up here and there.

Hotel reservations through CCI are closer to the con. April/May timeframe I believe.

Any idea when the hotel bookings will be available (for a downtown hotel)?

Currently verything seems to be blocked.

Thanks.

Pretty much everything is reserved for th con. Occasionally you can snag a room if you shift the dates on both sides of the con.

Usually in feb or so they open up hotel circle early bird packages and then do the hotel lottery in April or May.

This year they pushed pre-registration to nov/dec. that may effect when they do hotel sales.

Anybody know of any new hotels downtown?

From the email I received:

Dear Comic-Con 2013 Attendee,

As you may be aware, all Comic-Con 2013 attendees were asked to keep their physical 2013 badge to be eligible for Comic-Con 2014 preregistration. Each Comic-Con badge contained a unique code that will be used for online preregistration. As a one-time courtesy, Comic-Con International will automatically enter your 2013 badge code for this year’s preregistration event.

Should there be something else? (shrug)

From the email I received:

Dear Comic-Con 2013 Attendee,

As you may be aware, all Comic-Con 2013 attendees were asked to keep their physical 2013 badge to be eligible for Comic-Con 2014 preregistration. Each Comic-Con badge contained a unique code that will be used for online preregistration. As a one-time courtesy, Comic-Con International will automatically enter your 2013 badge code for this year’s preregistration event.

Should there be something else? (shrug)

Nope. That's it. They decided not to require you to get data off your 2013 badge for 2014 badges.

Anyone hear anything about when 2014 presale tix go on sale for last year's ticket holders? It was supposed to be in November or December last I heard, but I have not heard nothing about that for a couple months now.

Looks like December then. I haven't heard anything either and I'd think they would give people a couple of weeks notice at least.

Wasn't last year pre-reg 2 or 3 days notice?

I don't remember it that way, but you may be right.

Just saw that tickets will not go on sale in November since EPIC registration is fine tuning everything. SDCC says they will give us at least 48 hours notice when they do go on sale sometime in December...

http://www.comic-con.org/toucan/comic-con-international-2014-preregistration-update

Seasons Greetings from Comic-Con!

We wanted to give everyone a heads up that 2014 badge preregistration for Comic-Con will not occur in November. EPIC registration is fine tuning the process and needs a little more time to make sure everything is in order. As soon as we have a better idea of the timeline we will let everyone know at least 48 hours prior to preregistration going live. So in the meantime, please relax and enjoy your upcoming Thanksgiving weekend!

And while the team at EPIC Registration is working hard this weekend, here are some steps you can take to get ready for the big day.

1. Confirm that you are eligible to participate in badge preregistration.

Log in to your Member ID account by clicking here. If you are eligible to participate you will see a message on your homepage that says, “You are eligible to participate in Comic-Con 2014 Attendee badge preregistration.” For eligibility information, please click here.

2. Check your Membership Type.

While logged in to your Member ID account, confirm that your Membership Type is correct. This information is found in the “Change My Preferences/Unsubscribe” section. If you are a junior, senior, or member of the military, make sure that your Membership Type reflects this status so you are shown the available discounts on the day of the sale. If your Membership Type is listed as “Adult,” you will not receive the discount.

3. Do not “opt-out” of emails from Comic-Con.

This information is found in the "Change My Preferences/Unsubscribe" section once you have logged in to your Member ID account. If you have selected to “opt-out” of email notifications from Comic-Con, you will not be notified of the preregistration sale date and time.

4. Double check your EPIC login information.

Once you are logged in to your account, select the “Show My Info” option. Your personal registration login info will be displayed at the top of the gray box. Be sure to use this information only when logging in to the EPIC registration system. Even if your last name is spelled incorrectly, enter the login info exactly as shown on the sale day or you may get locked out! You may change the spelling of your name after the sale.

- See more at: http://www.comic-con.org/toucan/comic-con-international-2014-preregistration-update#sthash.69vIq1E3.dpuf