• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SDCC 2014, July 23-27, San Diego, Ca.

642 posts in this topic

Also, if anyone is planning on buying one ticket, PM me if you'd be willing to help me buy a ticket. I think each 2013 attendee can buy two tickets, is that right? My wife and I are hoping we can get tickets this year, so any help would be massively appreciated.

Also, if anyone is planning on buying one ticket, PM me if you'd be willing to help me buy a ticket. I think each 2013 attendee can buy two tickets, is that right? My wife and I are hoping we can get tickets this year, so any help would be massively appreciated.

During pre reg you can only buy tix for someone who was also an attendee last year. Pre reg will be in December.

I think gen sale will be feb or mar most likely with hotels in April or May.

Super, SDCC.

Just delay the on sale right on into Christmas week.

That'll be spec-freakin-tacular.

Already have our lodging, and our transportation, but no hope of tickets if the on sale is either the 21st or the 28th - y'know, when most folks are out traveling for the holidays.

"New for 2014! Only single day badges will be sold. The Preview Night badge option may only be purchased if you buy a Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday badge. Preview Night is not a stand alone badge option. As in 2013, anyone who purchases a Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday badge will have the option of consolidating them into one 4-Day badge onsite. " quoted from link below

http://www.comic-con.org/cci/2014-cci-badge-preregistration

"New for 2014! Only single day badges will be sold. The Preview Night badge option may only be purchased if you buy a Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday badge. Preview Night is not a stand alone badge option. As in 2013, anyone who purchases a Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday badge will have the option of consolidating them into one 4-Day badge onsite. " quoted from link below

http://www.comic-con.org/cci/2014-cci-badge-preregistration

Last year they did away with the discount for a 4 day but you had to have a 4 day for preview night.

4 day is up another $25 this year and prices have more than doubled in 3 years. Will it have an impact on demand?

It's certainly got me thinking about attending. Especially since you're required to buy all 4 individually to have a shot at preview night.

I have everything locked in except my airfare so I may cancel my reservation after a week or so thinking about it.

I can't imagine it'll deter interest. For everyone who may drop out there will be someone waiting for a chance to get tickets. For everything I enjoyed about going to my first one last year (and there's plenty of things to enjoy about it), it was just nice to be in San Diego for a couple of days.

Anyone have any idea when the rest of us who weren't able to get tickets last year will get a shot at tickets this year?

PREACH BROTHA!!! :headbang:

not until after the pre-reg, which still hasn't happened. If I had to guess, I would say late march at the earliest.

Did you guys see this?

"We would first like to thank everyone for your patience while we conduct a lot of tests on the new registration system. We know how frustrating purchasing a badge for Comic-Con can be and while the sheer number of people who would like to attend far outnumber the badges available, we really do hope the new system will make the process less aggravating.

We have heard suggestions from many of you, as far ranging as utilizing a fee-heavy corporate ticket broker to returning to the old days of mailing in an order form. While all of the options considered had their own pros and cons, one thing was certain, the everyone-push-a-button-all-at-the-same-time model has been extremely problematic.

Working closely with the team at EPIC Registration, Comic-Con has decided to introduce a randomized waiting room. This decision was based on the number of suggestions we received and countless hours trying to find the fairest way to implement changes to what has been a problem plagued process. During 2014 badge preregistration, prospective attendees will be given a time frame in which they can log in to the EPIC waiting room prior to the badge sale. Once the badge sale begins, everyone who is inside the waiting room will be randomly assigned to a registration session. Your assigned registration session is not tied to the time you entered the waiting room. There is no advantage in arriving early.

Our hope in creating a randomized system is to alleviate the rush to purchase badges, which inevitably causes technical issues or prevents attendees from purchasing badges at all.

Again, thank you for your patience and for sticking with us! We are still in the process of load testing the system and preregistration for eligible attendees will not occur this weekend, February 1. Keep a close eye on this blog for additional tips and details in the following days."

So if I understand it correctly, we will sign in early before ticketing starts, and it doesn't matter what exact time we sign in as long as (I assume) it beats the deadline or tickets sell out. Then among everybody signed in, we will randomly receive a spot in line. Those lucky enough to be near the beginning will have Preview Night and full passes available, and others will have to make do with the scraps of tickets leftover with Saturday selling out first, then Friday and etc. Once again, it is a shoot, just of a different color this time.

Did you guys see this?

"We would first like to thank everyone for your patience while we conduct a lot of tests on the new registration system. We know how frustrating purchasing a badge for Comic-Con can be and while the sheer number of people who would like to attend far outnumber the badges available, we really do hope the new system will make the process less aggravating.

We have heard suggestions from many of you, as far ranging as utilizing a fee-heavy corporate ticket broker to returning to the old days of mailing in an order form. While all of the options considered had their own pros and cons, one thing was certain, the everyone-push-a-button-all-at-the-same-time model has been extremely problematic.

Working closely with the team at EPIC Registration, Comic-Con has decided to introduce a randomized waiting room. This decision was based on the number of suggestions we received and countless hours trying to find the fairest way to implement changes to what has been a problem plagued process. During 2014 badge preregistration, prospective attendees will be given a time frame in which they can log in to the EPIC waiting room prior to the badge sale. Once the badge sale begins, everyone who is inside the waiting room will be randomly assigned to a registration session. Your assigned registration session is not tied to the time you entered the waiting room. There is no advantage in arriving early.

Our hope in creating a randomized system is to alleviate the rush to purchase badges, which inevitably causes technical issues or prevents attendees from purchasing badges at all.

Again, thank you for your patience and for sticking with us! We are still in the process of load testing the system and preregistration for eligible attendees will not occur this weekend, February 1. Keep a close eye on this blog for additional tips and details in the following days."

So if I understand it correctly, we will sign in early before ticketing starts, and it doesn't matter what exact time we sign in as long as (I assume) it beats the deadline or tickets sell out. Then among everybody signed in, we will randomly receive a spot in line. Those lucky enough to be near the beginning will have Preview Night and full passes available, and others will have to make do with the scraps of tickets leftover with Saturday selling out first, then Friday and etc. Once again, it is a shoot, just of a different color this time.

Yep, this pretty much sums it up. At least in the past there was some level of skill involved in getting tix, now it is more or less completely random. The good news I guess is that if you don't get tix during pre-reg there is always another shoot with 500k people during general reg.

A trip to Heroes will likely be my consolation prize should I lose out, so I guess it isn't all bad.