• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The umpire is calling strikes..................

5,775 posts in this topic

He sent over 600 messages? That is crazy…

Does Prophet DNA also get a strike too though? He isn't active a poster…

How does Arch know that?

All 600 folks complained, of course, which is the only reason they look at private messages.

• Administrator

How does Arch know that?

All 600 folks complained, of course, which is the only reason they look at private messages.

OR timern posted it himself elsewhere and I stumbled across it while verifying what exactly was being spammed.

Honestly, guys... we shouldn't waste all that tin foil. ;)

He sent over 600 messages? That is crazy

Does Prophet DNA also get a strike too though? He isn't active a poster

How does Arch know that?

Spam here should not be tolerated. I waste a good deal of time dealing with spam in my e-mail. SDCC sold my e-mail to everyone under the sun, and I don't even get the benefit anymore (press.) So, I'm sure more than a few people take spam quite seriously here.

How does Arch know that?

OR timern posted it himself elsewhere and I stumbled across it while verifying what exactly was being spammed.

He admitted somewhere that he sent out 600 PMs?

That must have been incredibly time consuming…

How does Arch know that?

I'm stockpiling aluminum foil as we speak! When Niburu passes by the stuff will be worth more than Platinum! :insane:

How does Arch know that?

Wait... so you're saying my Tin Foil Codpiece won't work either?

How does Arch know that?

No tin foil here, I just guess, since those are the rules after all.

Yep, he sent out a bunch of messages inviting folks to participate in a different online comics discussion board, and since CGC is in the business of online comics discussion boards, that makes him a competitor, and that is against the rules.

So he got three strikes all at once, cause that's what the rules says he should get. At least I assume that's the rule, I couldn't find it anywhere, but you guys wouldn't just make these things up.

How does Arch know that?

Yep, he sent out a bunch of messages inviting folks to participate in a different online comics discussion board, and since CGC is in the business of online comics discussion boards, that makes him a competitor, and that is against the rules.

He sent out 600+ PMs - it doesn't matter what the content was, he would have gotten a strike for spamming no matter what.

How does Arch know that?

Stupid, on all sides. However, I'm sure someone somewhere was itching to find the perfect scapegoat/example/sacrificial lamb.

How does Arch know that?

Stupid, on all sides. However, I'm sure someone somewhere was itching to find the perfect scapegoat/example/sacrificial lamb.

I hate to do this, but, I agree with you.

• Administrator

So he got three strikes all at once, cause that's what the rules says he should get. At least I assume that's the rule, I couldn't find it anywhere, but you guys wouldn't just make these things up.

He got two different private warnings, and a wrist slap that resulted in a suspension, and loss of his PM privileges. Throughout that process he responded by trying to subtly push his agenda in new and interesting ways as opposed to just acknowledging the issue and stopping, ultimately culminating in making a second account to continue the process.

So yes, if someone responds to moderator guidance by showing a clear desire to ignore the spirit of those guidelines, then they will run into accelerated strikes. It's not the first time, and unfortunately, probably won't be the last.

The relevant phrasing here is, "in certain cases at our discretion, moderation uses a strike and warning system to help members shape their posting in a way that's in line with moderation policies."

What that means is we're issuing those kinds of warnings as a way to allow members time to adjust their posting to be in line with moderation and frankly to give them some time off to cool down and think about their situation. In cases where it's obvious that a slow strike process is just going to result in someone playing the system we accelerate the strikes.

If people aren't posting in good faith, they don't get leeway.

• Administrator

Not really. Bad faith posting and spam PMs are just about on the ban line. We quietly ban spammers every day with no strikes issued at all. They're just not usually real members.

Over 600... how did I manage to get 3 of 600 with all the users?

He likes you he really really likes you..

and apparently me..

take it as a compliment like you are just so interesting a new chat board would not be cool without you..

:blush:

It's true.