• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The umpire is calling strikes..................

5,775 posts in this topic

Plus, there was a smiling emoticon, so it should have been clear I was just poking at Divad for his usual wittyness… lol

What is going on with you? You are supposed to be the lets all get along guy. :popcorn:

To get along you need a communion of intentions. So, no, I am not happy at all as long that is not shown.

Look at the bright side: now I know "jerk" isn’t properly a compliment in english! :D

Jiminy_Cricket - strike

Offensive signature image.

Strike 3 for this year.

Suspended 1 month.

:popcorn:

There's more offensive horror comics images, but it is what it is. (shrug)

:golfclap:For this one - thank you mods :golfclap:

Knew that was coming, his posts were entertaining but pretty belligerent.

Do you have a good example of an entertaining post by Jiminy? I don’t seem to recall many, most were just offensive as an end in itself, no matter the humour.

Yep, he sent out a bunch of messages inviting folks to participate in a different online comics discussion board, and since CGC is in the business of online comics discussion boards, that makes him a competitor, and that is against the rules.

Ok I will attempt to answer this.

CGC is not in the business of online comics discussion boards. CGC IS in the business of encapsulating books. One of the ways that they promote their encapsulation services is by having fans of their product gather in an area where they can discuss their product. The only reason that a sales thread is permitted is because they promote the value of their services by selling books that have already been graded by CGC or books that MAY be graded by CGC. Every chat area, is somehow geared directly or indirectly toward the idea to maintain interest in comic books with the hopes that people will see CGC encapsulation services as a valuable tool toward further maintaining interest in preserving the books. If another forum is going to discuss the competition in a positive light then that detracts from people potentially sending in books to CGC. The reasoning behind the strikes honestly makes sense to me. However the inconsistency does not.

When I see that Metropolis and SparkleCity chooses to use another service to grade such high profile books as Detective Comics 27 and other pre-Robin Tec's it leads me to believe that major dealers are lending credibility to other encapsulation companies by selling those books in the competitors' holder. If that is the case then should not their presence and advertisement of their event auctions also be limited? That should not be the case but it seems that this is where we are headed and that is truly saddening.

According to my registry stats I have 258 slabs. I have about 10 slabs that I have never entered into the registry and 2 slabs from a competing company that I want to hand off to CGC. I have a LOT of money invested in my personal collection currently encapsulated in CGC holders ranging from major keys to early GA superhero books. My collection is supposedly more expansive (I did not say expensive) than some other collections and I realize that my collection is dwarfed by the collections of other members. However we all share one thing in common. The majority of our collections are slabbed by CGC. We want to see the value in that collection be maintained. In order for that to happen CGC needs to continue to be a giant in the encapsulation business. I do not want CGC to fade away. That would not be good for the market nor the value of my collection. The current actions are leaving a poor taste in the mouths of many users and I fear it is driving them away. It may not be true, but the perception of a few decisions are driving people away. I do not want to see CGC ignore and dismiss the competition throwing a blanket over it in the hopes that it will disappear. I want CGC to embrace the competition, look at the innovations that the competition makes, look at areas that CGC can improve and make those improvements in order to demonstrate why CGC is the premier service in grading and encapsulation.

And I'd also like GPA (hi George) with CGC's blessing, include the 'other' sales results.

If a Tec '27 is being encapsulated, and then sold, to not include that sale is maddening.

If CGC is to be what they were - and wish to still be, they have to accept that these new guys are here to stay - and work with their customers, not drive them away.

Putting fingers in ears and shouting la-la-la never works.

Look at the pressing *spoon* - I have been with 'he who shall not be named' for 3 years. Up's, downs and arguments included. We are now firm friends, and I resent feeling like I am being forced to choose to keep my business with my friend, which MAY lead to me having to switch companies - or to use another pressing company to keep my books CGC if he is forced out.

I'll be sticking with JG for the record, but I simply won't slab ANYTHING until I see how the market plays out.

And that's where GPA comes in. CGC need to allow George to add the 'new' sales - I hope they already are going to do so.

This whole thing is becoming a fiasco tbh.

Wait? What?

Where did GPA say they have an exclusive deal with CGC to track only their slab sales?

Did I miss that or are you just :blahblah:???

If you see that GPA has direct links to the CGC census, and then add in the fact that CGC are being very territorial, then why would I NOT wonder if CGC would dissuade, or indeed disallow George to add the 'other' data.

Why aren't PGX sales on there?

I don't think it's a leap in the slightest to wonder aloud if CGC will 'forbid' George to add other companies data to GPA.

Would you be surprised if that happened?

I'm asking that it NOT happen, if it was intended to be so. I can't imagine how you would perceive that as :blahblah: - for me, it's very important information for myself going forward.

I'm not interested in arguing. This is far too important. :foryou:

As far as I know GPA and George are their own company?

GPA has no connection to CGC other than to report trackable sales.

GPA can track and post any sale they wish.

Why would CGC have control over GPA? To influence the market?

Don't know if anyone responded to this point later in the thread, but my understanding is that GPA cannot use any sales data they wish. I believe CLink claims the rights to the sales data from their site and don't let GPA use them.

Ah, sorry, I did not notice he was quoting your message which had a different link.

Sorry, was referring to cf02cf03. He was pretty rude and pushy but couldn't help but admire his writing flair. If only he used his talent for good......not semi-evil.

And Vaillant, you've been so sweet and informative up to this point. It's disturbing to see your harsh side.

Sorry, I should have been more clear -- the strike was issued on 8/7, and I just failed to post it in the strike records until yesterday. (My mistake.) The full week will be up on 8/14. Thanks!

It's okay. You know, that's the funny thing thing about mod school, they kept on telling us again and again to post the notice immediately after disciplinary action is taken. What they never stressed enough was how we can get sidetracked by the next case and completely forget to make the penalty complete. Anyway, I could go on and on.... :blahblah:

Sorry, I should have been more clear -- the strike was issued on 8/7, and I just failed to post it in the strike records until yesterday. (My mistake.) The full week will be up on 8/14. Thanks!

It's okay. You know, that's the funny thing thing about mod school, they kept on telling us again and again to post the notice immediately after disciplinary action is taken. What they never stressed enough was how we can get sidetracked by the next case and completely forget to make the penalty complete. Anyway, I could go on and on.... :blahblah:

Any one on this board has time. So please go on and on. Due tell.......