• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The umpire is calling strikes..................

5,775 posts in this topic

These boards are equal parts humor and anger these days.

Anyone want to talk about comics?

There are threads pretty much well, everywhere talking about comics. This one hasn't been about comics from the word go so it befuddles me as to why you, and others would come in here and post that?

Should I go into the video games thread and ask why they don't post about comics?

Or the what are you drinking thread?

Or the what are you listening to thread? ( I think those two are still in CG)

Or the great evil that is the LTPC thread?

Let's put it this way, I was reading Timern's forum and came across posters lamenting the same thing about these boards... while complaining about these boards and the people here. lol

No malice intended but there are threads about comics everywhere.

:jokealert:

(shrug)

That is it.

Eff off!

???

images.jpg

(shrug)

There are threads pretty much well, everywhere talking about comics. This one hasn't been about comics from the word go so it befuddles me as to why you, and others would come in here and post that?

Should I go into the video games thread and ask why they don't post about comics?

Let's put it this way, I was reading Timern's forum and came across posters lamenting the same thing about these boards... while complaining about these boards and the people here. lol

I came here for dating advice. I figured everyone was so focused on comics because they were already getting laid left and right.

I told you it would take cool books before I'd put out. I had to settle for Park :P

Don't worry, we all settle for Park from time to time.

And here I was proudly picturing myself as the wise man on top of the mountain dispensing wisdom far and wide but apparently I am the forum harlot.

I hate this place.

I came here for dating advice. I figured everyone was so focused on comics because they were already getting laid left and right.

I told you it would take cool books before I'd put out. I had to settle for Park :P

Amen to that.

And here I was proudly picturing myself as the wide man on top of the mountain dispensing wisdom far and wide but apparently I am the forum harlot.

I hate this place.

Slut.

(shrug)

That is it.

Eff off!

???

images.jpg

(shrug)

I think I am starting to like you.

But still, eff off.

(shrug)

That is it.

Eff off!

???

images.jpg

(shrug)

I think I am starting to like you.

But still, eff off.

:foryou:

images_2.jpg

(shrug)

And here I was proudly picturing myself as the wide man on top of the mountain dispensing wisdom far and wide but apparently I am the forum harlot.

I hate this place.

Slut.

Guilty.

:(

hm

:whee:

OK, Park, Dr. Balls, and Chris and anyone else who thought this person was a shill...I apologize, lol. I still think we should be nice to new people, but I admit to being fooled here. :tonofbricks:

Mea Culpa

My guess (NOW) is it was a male and it was Alleybat, if not then Carolina Comics. Too many clues, it's a weekend. Started off fairly normally, lost control after a brief time. Morphed directly into descriptions of unusual sexual acts. It was not the first time I've read those descriptions here, kind of repetitive and it won't be the first time a male has posted here pretending to be female.

So for myself... :makepoint::makepoint:

and yes, women do curse. I know all the words, even have used a few on occasion. However the description of the sexual images were for the most part guy stuff. That and the way the anger was expressed. That's not just they didn't answer my questions anger. ..it's anger from someone who has been upset about this place for years.

I also want to thank Tim for making me actually read the trash I had in my emails. I had the thread on watch and should have deleted it. Just think of what I would have missed!

GPA is a commercial service, so they can't just "scrape and data mine from the internet" - that's what I was responding to. Nobody's saying that you as private individual can't record whatever data you want.

It's only commercial if you use it for commercial purposes...but these other people use the data for commercial reasons. They use it to buy and sell their books. (shrug)

GPA is a commercial entity no matter how their customers use their data.

I think we're talking about different things. I'll drop it.

I think this exchange was set off by my responding to someone saying that GPA can use whatever data they choose. I noted that CLink claims exclusive rights to the price data from their auctions. So GPA would not be able to use those data without CLink's permission.

In other words -- I think this was my point, although I'm not entirely sure :D -- it's CLink rather than GPA that has taken action to prevent CLink's data being used on GPA.

OK, Park, Dr. Balls, and Chris and anyone else who thought this person was a shill...I apologize, lol. I still think we should be nice to new people, but I admit to being fooled here. :tonofbricks:

Mea Culpa

My guess (NOW) is it was a male and it was Alleybat, if not then Carolina Comics. Too many clues, it's a weekend. Started off fairly normally, lost control after a brief time. Morphed directly into descriptions of unusual sexual acts. It was not the first time I've read those descriptions here, kind of repetitive and it won't be the first time a male has posted here pretending to be female.

So for myself... :makepoint::makepoint:

and yes, women do curse. I know all the words, even have used a few on occasion. However the description of the sexual images were for the most part guy stuff. That and the way the anger was expressed. That's not just they didn't answer my questions anger. ..it's anger from someone who has been upset about this place for years.

I also want to thank Tim for making me actually read the trash I had in my emails. I had the thread on watch and should have deleted it. Just think of what I would have missed!

Hey, don't blame me, you knew the job was dangerous when you took it!

(Points to them that know the reference)

DrX is also Tim;)

You know, I think if someone stood in the middle of the forum and yelled...would Mike (Michael), Andrew (Andy), Tim, Joe, Mark (Marc) Dave, Dale (amazingly) Greg and Nick(Nik) please stand up and leave...

This place would be pretty empty.

Good rule to remember when naming your kids, too;)