• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The umpire is calling strikes..................

5,775 posts in this topic

I enjoy going to a game. But watching on TV just doesn't do it for me.

Other way around for me. Watching games on TV is cheaper, more comfortable, and more informative.

That's how I feel about football.

Also the cost is the reason I don't attend many baseball games. I should try and go to a minor league game once in awhile though. I'm only about 20 minutes from the O's farm team.

Because baseball is boring.

I feel sorry for people who say this. I really do. Just like I feel sorry for people who say they never heard of the Beatles.

I recall a Simpsons episode where Homer is on the wagon and goes to a baseball game. Something along the lines of, 'Ohhh..., baseball is so boring without beer.'

I feel sorry for people who say this. I really do. Just like I feel sorry for people who say they never heard of the Beatles.

I recall a Simpsons episode where Homer is on the wagon and goes to a baseball game. Something along the lines of, 'Ohhh..., baseball is so boring without beer.'

I remember in the old Yankee Stadium when they eliminated beer sales in the bleachers. Hard times...

These days I really do not even bother... not worth the money to drink at the games anymore.

Other way around for me. Watching games on TV is cheaper, more comfortable, and more informative.

Also the cost is the reason I don't attend many baseball games. I should try and go to a minor league game once in awhile though. I'm only about 20 minutes from the O's farm team.

I should do that more as well. There are a couple minor league teams close to me.

Beer makes a lot of things more interesting. I'll give you that.

I should do that more as well. There are a couple minor league teams close to me.

And they usually have some kid related promotion going on as well. And it doesn't cost you a small fortune to get food & refreshments at the games like the pros.

Minor league games are great. We have the Arizona Fall League which is pretty fun too.

I used to go to Os games all the time. They are really cheap though. If i I didn't have a toddler I'd go a lot more. My daughter loved going. It was a good, fun family activity. And you can get Os tickets for dirt cheap. Since games are on cable I don't get to see them. Thus going to two games a month is still cheaper than paying for cable.

Minor league games are great. We have the Arizona Fall League which is pretty fun too.

Arizona in the fall? You mean when it's only 90 degress?

Arizona in the fall? You mean when it's only 90 degress?

I was there last September and it was hot as a mofo.

Baseball is only boring to people who don't know how to watch it.

Minor leagues are fun to watch. Especially if the home team knows how to promote it. I miss baseball in Portland at the ole stadium. Hillsboro Hops (http://www.milb.com/index.jsp?sid=t419) are fun but not the same as Portland Beavers.

I wonder what he did - he seemed to have calmed down as of late, and was actually adding in some constructive discourse. Must have made a quick, downward swing this a.m.....,