• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Okajima pedigree
26 26

1,554 posts in this topic

16 hours ago, miraclemet said:

I believe so, but I'll have to do some checking...

Great mix of camp + high grade + subject matter, other than a few Cap books I can't think of any better camp book that "has it all"

The only coded Okajima I have left...

cap40.jpg

On 3/22/2017 at 8:20 PM, MrBedrock said:

In the end pedigrees have value either because of the collector or because of the collection. Most are because the collection is vast, or high grade, or both (Looking at you Church), but this collection is about the collector, and what the collection represents, and no part of it More so than those books she held tight to from '43-44 when the world probably made the least sense, and collecting gave her some respite.

I'm going to dare take issue with convention here. 

I believe pedigrees are important and have value because the original owners were collectors, before collecting was a "thing."  Think about it.  We, as collectors in an era when it is relatively easy, have mad respect for our predecessors who lived in homes about 1/4th the average square foot of today with the entire family (or freakin' worse, in an internment camp).  Yet despite war paper drives, no place to stash 'em, etc., these few guys are girls went against the grain/convention and held their copies - as we do now (but they did it when it was "super odd").  Hence we pay our respects in form of a pedigree premium to the few pioneers who in fact helped make the hobby even possible - by saving the copies which otherwise would be completely lost to time.

Edited by path4play

Here we go, new obsession.  Camp era copy.  These aren't just owning a copy of a book, but a one of kind unique copy.

In fact, there are only 60 or so known camp era books of any issue title/number, making them rarer, can I dare say, than even Action #1.

Bonus, this is highest graded Police #31

1172017059.jpg