• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Okajima pedigree
25 25

1,557 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, entalmighty1 said:

Interesting.  I've never seen the stamp on the spine before.  Nice book!

agreed, that's the most infrequent stamp placement.

from my notes about 20% of the books from this time period have multiple stamps (from different stampers), and of them a few have that second stamp along the spine border (100% of the stamps from my memory are on SOME border, and obviously most are on the top border). 

Edited by miraclemet

On 8/20/2018 at 5:50 PM, PKJ said:

Has anyone heard any updates on the 50 Objects project? I submitted books but was more interested in more of the story behind the pedigree. 

The project was supposed to be posting objects once a week.  I think they are struggling to post at a rate of once a month.  So far, they are on object 9.

It's a really impressive presentation, though, and worth the wait.

https://50objects.org/

They have updates on facebook.

48 minutes ago, sfcityduck said:

The project was supposed to be posting objects once a week.  I think they are struggling to post at a rate of once a month.  So far, they are on object 9.

It's a really impressive presentation, though, and worth the wait.

https://50objects.org/

They have updates on facebook.

Thanks I have been following and the stories are very neat and the artistry of it all is unreal. I was just curious if there was any advance knowledge on this one.

3 hours ago, Robot Man said:

Next to the Mile High/Church and Larson collections, I think this might be one of the most popular pedigrees. Fairly small but It's all about the story. 

agreed! i dont know a ton about other peds... are there other peds with recognized deliniations like the Okajimas (camp vs post camp, sig vs stamp)?

47 minutes ago, miraclemet said:

agreed! i dont know a ton about other peds... are there other peds with recognized deliniations like the Okajimas (camp vs post camp, sig vs stamp)?

Salidas have different stamps by era.  Church books lose the D & C codes with time. 

Nice grab if someone on here grabbed that Camp coded Shadow Comics that just ended at 1227. I was under bidder and failed to make a last ditch run on it. Seemed cheap compared to others.

5 hours ago, PKJ said:

Nice grab if someone on here grabbed that Camp coded Shadow Comics that just ended at 1227. I was under bidder and failed to make a last ditch run on it. Seemed cheap compared to others.

I'm putting that at about 5x Overstreet guide. 

I know everyone has there own way of tracking things, and I know everyone has various faults with Overstreet.  But I'm tracking the camp Okajima's vs. guide. 

With 2017 and 2018 public known sales, frankly I don't see a huge differential between the "war" books and straight camp Okajima.  The gross sales prices is way higher for war covers, but so is the underlying Overstreet value.

I have war covers median multiple to Overstreet is at 6x, and the median non-war camp book is 5.5x.  Two outliers were the Boy 16 (16.5x) and a Target Vol. 5 #3 (14.6x) - both non-war.

A: Am I looking at this wrong?

B: How do these multiples compare to other pedigrees?  I was looking at Crowley copies on HA, they don't seem to get any multiple?

7 minutes ago, Straw-Man said:

very high as to other peds.

Mile High on HA seem to be doing very well?  I guess I could take the time to track a few and come up with various ratios, would be a cool project.

I had an opportunity that I jumped on to get a Crowley the other day, thought I got a mega deal lol.  I've gotten so used to the Okajima multiple that its kind of distorted my perceptions.

Edited by path4play

Super Magician v2n12 (2-24-44) "2K" on the Bay.  With no reserve, another opportunity to gauge current market multiple

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Super-Magician-V-2-12-1944-FN-5-5-Okajima-Collection-Jack-Binder/352461014253

Also, on our very own boards:

Whiz Comics #58 "4-22-44" "4T" "CAMP 1"