• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Okajima pedigree
26 26

1,554 posts in this topic

On 9/29/2018 at 12:55 AM, Markentoth said:

@telerites I grabbed it.

Of course you did! 

lol 

I ain't hatin' either. 

Sometimes, I Just wish I would have went to medical school instead of dedicating my life to British Literature, writing, and music! :blush:

Deeper pockets are always nice, but I'm thankful for what I've been able to put together. 

Glad I own at least one Okajima though!  

Edited by newshane

2 hours ago, Ricksneatstuff said:

Very happy to get a camp book back in the collection tonight, even a low grade one  

This Pedigree stands apart to me

932AF331-F71D-4CD0-9C4F-9AB3F03A6A49.jpeg

I was high bidder for while, but I had to leave and hate bidding on my phone...congrats. I like the cover.

3 hours ago, Ricksneatstuff said:

Very happy to get a camp book back in the collection tonight, even a low grade one  

932AF331-F71D-4CD0-9C4F-9AB3F03A6A49.jpeg

Well at least now I don't feel bad about not getting that last bid in in time...

Congrats! early '44 book with a 1 code!

12 hours ago, Ricksneatstuff said:

Well done.  I don't believe that was one that had been previously documented here.   Will look good in a slab, as they say.  Also I think will grade better than 1.5 as it was listed. 

On 10/29/2018 at 6:53 PM, Heronext said:

Coming up in the Heritage weekly auction ending Nov. 18th

Whiz #58 is going to be interesting to watch.  With the Camp I its one of just two with that type of demarcation, which set's it apart from the already small group of less than 100 books from that era.

Whiz 58 CGC 8.0 With notations: "4-22-44",  "4T"' and  "Camp I"  closed for $3840. 

Anyone want to venture what a typical 58 CGC 8.0 would sell for? $200-300? So we're looking at a unique multiplier of x12-15? 

Im guessing it's virtually unique Camp markings drove up the price a bit.. 

8 minutes ago, Straw-Man said:

it was crazy to watch.

I always feel like when there are a few "lesser" sales/auctions leading up to a big one it really primes the pump for a few bidders to get in an "at any cost" mentality... 

37 minutes ago, miraclemet said:

Whiz 58 CGC 8.0 With notations: "4-22-44",  "4T"' and  "Camp I"  closed for $3840. 

Anyone want to venture what a typical 58 CGC 8.0 would sell for? $200-300? So we're looking at a unique multiplier of x12-15? 

Im guessing it's virtually unique Camp markings drove up the price a bit.. 

Yep, you got it. Camp era + unique "Camp I" markings + Captain Marvel + pretty cool cover (IMO)

That was my thought at least. Who knows what the underbidder was thinking :banana:

3 minutes ago, miraclemet said:

I always feel like when there are a few "lesser" sales/auctions leading up to a big one it really primes the pump for a few bidders to get in an "at any cost" mentality... 

It's true, when I find an Okajima I want, I don't mess around ... especially Camp era books :-)