• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Okajima pedigree
26 26

1,554 posts in this topic

Handwriting aside on the sensation, the sig placement and alignment is off relative to other Sensations, not sure I've ever seen the "Okajima" tilted along the lettering of a comic title...and of course the condition of the book not exactly on par with the rest of the books from the Pedigree...

lf?set=path%5B2%2F4%2F8%2F0%2F2480387%5D&call=url%5Bfile%3Aproduct.chain%5D

14 minutes ago, jabats said:

That’s what I was wondering.

Although the other book looked more like the normal handwriting.

Seems like it'd be pretty easy to fake signature wise, and there's basically like no official master list right? sooo  … I'd personally never buy a raw one at any premium.  If the ebay seller truly thinks its authentic, they'd get it slabbed and guarantee themselves a much a bigger payday...the fact that they're being sold raw is a big red flag, for me anyway.

The handwriting is absolutely different (and I've had to testify in court on handwriting), but a bigger clue would be that they didn't even spell it correctly. That looks like a "g" not a "j". If it were not for that, I'd wonder if it was just a different person in the store writing on it. In any case, that's a lot of money for such a raw low grade book.

s-l1600.jpg

1410982432_sensation30cgcokajima.jpg.dc402c3fdcf53490bf4de96be894435f.jpg

21 minutes ago, skypinkblu said:

The handwriting is absolutely different (and I've had to testify in court on handwriting), but a bigger clue would be that they didn't even spell it correctly. That looks like a "g" not a "j". If it were not for that, I'd wonder if it was just a different person in the store writing on it. In any case, that's a lot of money for such a raw low grade book.

s-l1600.jpg

The '2' is notably different.  Moreso than any other aspect of the handwriting.  

22 minutes ago, skypinkblu said:

s-l1600.jpg

I *think*, if I am remembering correctly, I’ve come across another Okajima where the ‘j’ looks like a ‘g’. Not certain though.

3 hours ago, buttock said:

The '2' is notably different.  Moreso than any other aspect of the handwriting.  

The first "a" is the first tell, look at the top of the letter, the 2nd "a" is different as well.  People hold pens differently and certain letters stand out. The O and K are larger and fairly easy to mimic, but I still don't know of anything that says there could not be more than 1 person signing the books.

11 minutes ago, skypinkblu said:

The first "a" is the first tell, look at the top of the letter, the 2nd "a" is different as well.  People hold pens differently and certain letters stand out. The O and K are larger and fairly easy to mimic, but I still don't know of anything that says there could not be more than 1 person signing the books.

Interesting point Sha. Was there a known Master List for this ped, accounting for an issue of this book being in the collection? 

37 minutes ago, sagii said:

Interesting point Sha. Was there a known Master List for this ped, accounting for an issue of this book being in the collection? 

No master list. It was split up among about 3 buyers. I got a handful of them from Ron Murry from his part of the collection. He knows quite a bit about them.

4 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

No master list. It was split up among about 3 buyers. I got a handful of them from Ron Murry from his part of the collection. He knows quite a bit about them.

(thumbsu

I'd say aside from the Church Thread, this Ped gets bumped very frequently. 

4 hours ago, skypinkblu said:

s-l1600.jpg

Glad I am not the only one who had the radar up on these. I got two notifications on Okajima and thought wow first time in 5 years that has happened, then looked and thought, well maybe one is legit. 

20 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

So are there a bunch of copies from the collection that haven’t hit the market yet since the original split?