• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Okajima pedigree
25 25

1,557 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, lou_fine said:

This new apparent all-black label here:

from my point of view, actually looks kind of like the Conserved blue/grey labels here:

To be clear, I think you meant "this new Universal Pedigree all-black label" looks like the Conserved blue/grey labels.  But yes, agree probably depending on scanner settings etc., going to have to check those labels.

5 hours ago, lou_fine said:

from my point of view, actually looks kind of like the Conserved blue/grey labels here

Agree, looks too close to it and my eyes have been trained to shun such books.  Gonna take a while for my brain to rewire itself and see these new ped labels as good...

1 hour ago, Sqeggs said:
15 hours ago, path4play said:

Fancy new holder and everything!

That doubles the price right there! :)

You must mean double the number of opportunities for CGC to reach deep into your pocket as you send all of your pedigree books back in to be reholder all over again, for a cost of course.  :devil:

12 hours ago, telerites said:

So far three Okajimas in the upcoming CL Summer auction.  One is a camp-coded Startling #24.   Kind of tough book to find regardless of the ped.  Lower grade at 2.5 but early guesses on hammer?

Okay.  Mmmm, let's see:

1. The earliest known "signed" Okajima copy.

2. Wild WWII cover

3. Board members now on high alert to auction.:whistle:

I'm going to say $3,300

Edited by path4play

1 minute ago, telerites said:

I tried looking through the upcoming CC auction but found that Metro/CC does not have Okajima in their of searchable peds - seems like they have everything else.  I sent them an email asking about it.

I already asked lol:

"The pedigree doesn’t show up if there are no items available.  Currently we have no Okajima pedigreed books on the site.  Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns and I’ll be happy to help."

12 minutes ago, path4play said:

I already asked lol:

"The pedigree doesn’t show up if there are no items available.  Currently we have no Okajima pedigreed books on the site.  Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns and I’ll be happy to help."

Interesting.  You'd think they would have set list and if no books then the search results would say that.  But I guess their way is okay, especially if I would have known then I need not go through the extra steps.  I looked again and Chicago is not on the list so now I know they have no Okajimas or Chicagos and whatever else currently.

Edited by telerites

On 8/22/2018 at 11:34 AM, sfcityduck said:

The project was supposed to be posting objects once a week.  I think they are struggling to post at a rate of once a month.  So far, they are on object 9.

It's a really impressive presentation, though, and worth the wait.

https://50objects.org/

They have updates on facebook.

By my calculations, the 50th would fall on May 2023 (except pace has slowed to 5 more since this post last year).  Its a race with the upcoming Pedigree book. 

I do agree, they do a very impressive job with the research and site design.

Edited by path4play

On 8/2/2019 at 5:55 PM, path4play said:

I'ts a race with the upcoming Pedigree book. 

Does anyone actually think that this book will ever see the light of day? I've emailed Matt Nelson multiple times, and I always get a response such as "We're still working on it" or "It's a work still in progress".

Joe

At this point, I don’t know that it ever needs to be in “print”. I would be happy to just have it complete and on line. Problem is that the authors are never really going to get much if any financial gain for doing it. Pretty much a labor of love that gets on the way of their day jobs.