• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Okajima pedigree
26 26

1,554 posts in this topic

Its a book from mid 1950.

the 1950 books were some with distributor marks, some without...

I kinda doubt it is an Okajima since it is so different contentwise than her other books.

Here is a scan of the book from the eBay listing...

$(KGrHqF,!k8E1Fubq!fUBNeo8qj4Hg~~_12.JPG

And here is an equivalent era Okijima...

thrilling68.jpg

The distributor codes are very similar.

Thanks Brian :) and don't worry. As far as I understand it the original collection was split into a few diff parts. I'm pretty sure the first section sold doesn't have CoA's with them. Also I think there are possible 2 different COA write ups. hence why I was asking if you had one. "Though I'mstill tracking that info down"

Thanks Brian :) and don't worry. As far as I understand it the original collection was split into a few diff parts. I'm pretty sure the first section sold doesn't have CoA's with them. Also I think there are possible 2 different COA write ups. hence why I was asking if you had one. "Though I'mstill tracking that info down"

COAs come with the books sold by Alan Bahr after he created the COA using a photocopy of Subby 32 that I provided him. Many of the books had already sold prior to Alan purchasing the bulk of the collection.

adding the shadow to the list. "THANKS :)"

I'm debating contacting the seller and asking for a copy of the COA on the TC35 book. I agree its really outside the spectrum of what the OO collected

The Teen Comics 35 exhibits similar markings to the 2 examples I posted. The seller says it comes with a cert. I bet its a legit Okajima.

now that Im looking I see the markings, and you're right it does look like your 50s era examples!

totally agree Bedrock... I didnt even SEE the distributor mark on the cover (used to seeing it in the top section! doh! to me!

Its a book from mid 1950.

the 1950 books were some with distributor marks, some without...

I kinda doubt it is an Okajima since it is so different contentwise than her other books.

Here is a scan of the book from the eBay listing...

$(KGrHqF,!k8E1Fubq!fUBNeo8qj4Hg~~_12.JPG

And here is an equivalent era Okijima...

thrilling68.jpg

The distributor codes are very similar.

:o:o:o:o:o:o

Boy Comics #16 and Okajima. Oh sweet jeezo beezo.

Oh, if only I had some way of getting the money to buy this. I would love to have an Okajima book and #16 is one of my two or three favorite Boy Comics covers. I even paid a boardie to do a re-imagination of this cover a while back.

Must... control... self...

Edited by Crimebuster

there goes any chance of it going for a reasonable price....

let the games begin!

Unfortunately, I just don't have the money at the moment to even try. If this were a year ago... but no. Unless a gold brick falls out of a passing airplane and crashes through my ceiling, I'm going to have to let this one go. :cry:

Acquired raw in 1995. Penciled arrival date on FC. Inked purchase date on BC. :luhv:

Venus09-75-Oka.jpg

Venus09-75-Okab.jpg

Was the back cover purchase date (in her hand) common or uncommon for post camp books? I haven't seen a lot of back cover scans...