• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Okajima pedigree
25 25

1,557 posts in this topic

On 3/25/2017 at 0:22 AM, entalmighty1 said:

Well, I know it's not a camp book, but I couldn't help myself.  My 1st Okajima!

Rangers.44.jpg

My old copy! Which came from cheetah before that I think... Or maybe Gator.... Its was years ago... Glad its back in boardie hands!

4 hours ago, tabcom said:

??? $6300

This was the only item I was watching in this auction. I thought it was nuts when it was in a holding pattern at $4500 before the sniper fire .

Its a rare issue as it is, add the Pedigree, with the camp designation and I personally know two ppl who were willing to pay over 4K for it. (worship)

7 hours ago, Junkdrawer said:

What's the best Okajima GGA cover? Are there any? Be nice to kill 2 birds with one stone even if it means just having it on radar. 

wow... now there's a question.... 

first thing I would think to look at are the Fiction House books, but then I rememeberd Blue Beetle #54 (the lingerie mirror cover) and Phantom Lady #17 AND 23, and there's also Strange Worlds #5 (if you prefer your GGA sci-fi) 

39 minutes ago, miraclemet said:

wow... now there's a question.... 

first thing I would think to look at are the Fiction House books, but then I rememeberd Blue Beetle #54 (the lingerie mirror cover) and Phantom Lady #17 AND 23, and there's also Strange Worlds #5 (if you prefer your GGA sci-fi) 

Of all the pedigrees, it's my favorite story background. I just notice superhero covers when they come up for sale. The Red Dragon was one I did bid on but just didn't have that strong a desire to have it. Super awesome book though, but now still wanting to have an okajima in my collection today and my collecting focus  being GGA covers it's nice to know these books exist. That Strange Worlds 5 sounds like it do the trick. Thanks

1 hour ago, Junkdrawer said:

Of all the pedigrees, it's my favorite story background. I just notice superhero covers when they come up for sale. The Red Dragon was one I did bid on but just didn't have that strong a desire to have it. Super awesome book though, but now still wanting to have an okajima in my collection today and my collecting focus  being GGA covers it's nice to know these books exist. That Strange Worlds 5 sounds like it do the trick. Thanks

Now all you have to do is find the lucky owner and convince him/her to sell it to you...

For a collection accumulated by a young lady there were a decent selection of GGA comics.  In addition to the ones listed there are a number of Schomburg airbrush (inc. Startling 49), misc Fox (inc. PLs 15, 17 & 23), Seven Seas and Fiction House.  They are almost all very attractive and high grade with some of them fairly inexpensive.

The Strange Worlds 5 has been posted on the Boards.

14 minutes ago, bluechip said:

Tents on Wall Street nearly 70 years before the "Occupy" demonstrations?   Would be curious to read the story...   

I'll bet it had something to do with the purchase of Manhattan for some beads. I doubt they would want it back now...

18 hours ago, bluechip said:

Tents on Wall Street nearly 70 years before the "Occupy" demonstrations?   Would be curious to read the story...   

I quickly flipped through this story on digitalcomicsmuseum.  Sadly, the "Indians" are Oklahoma college students that as part of their fraternity initiation dress up as Native Americans and arrive in Manhattan with a bogus deed, claiming they had a right to land there.  They meet with the Mayor of New York City, etc.

I was quite taken with it, and, iirc, it was among the very first Okajima's I acquired.

This was another one.

Thrilling62.jpg