• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Okajima pedigree
25 25

1,557 posts in this topic

On 5/20/2018 at 11:23 PM, drwente said:

Hi everyone.  I have been lurking in the shadows here on the CGC boards for some time but never tried posting anything.  So here goes.  My apologies if this doesn't turn out.  

Here is my one and only Okajima copy. She's a beauty.  

Regards,

Don

Okajima Captain Midnight 21.jpg

great book and great cover subject matter! Captain Midnight "3R" 5-24-44

2 minutes ago, path4play said:

Back from CGC, this may get posted in Golden Age Group shot as well.

IMAG2871.jpg

IMAG2873.jpg

IMAG2872.jpg

Let me be the first. (worship)

Where did you get all those beauties? 

Trying a little experiment here if there is interest.

I've borrowed mostly from the Okajima list posted in this thread and added some from GPA Analysis, searches etc., and put it into Google Sheets.

There are 88 books currently listed.  https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/13BdqOViCfTnUYrJtPgQfkeppmRMjFe_1VZFMHZGFN88/edit#gid=0

When you click the link it will send me a request to share the sheet.  Once shared, people can collaborate as a group if folks would like to continue attempting to document known Okajimas.

Edited by path4play

19 hours ago, path4play said:

Trying a little experiment here if there is interest.

I've borrowed mostly from the Okajima list posted in this thread and added some from GPA Analysis, searches etc., and put it into Google Sheets.

There are 88 books currently listed.  https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/13BdqOViCfTnUYrJtPgQfkeppmRMjFe_1VZFMHZGFN88/edit#gid=0

When you click the link it will send me a request to share the sheet.  Once shared, people can collaborate as a group if folks would like to continue attempting to document known Okajimas.

Access requested.  I've got two Okajima's, neither are listed in GPA sales.

1 hour ago, entalmighty1 said:

You can add this one to the list unless you're just going for camp books.  I see you have my Wings 40 listed already. (thumbsu 

Thunda 1 CGC 8.0, 1952 "F 1 22"

I focused on Camp Era, but its a group share document so certainly folks can add all their post camp books too.

A non-GGA, non-Nazi/Japanese FH, blasé  airplane cover with 3 higher copies on the census plus a 9.2 just selling this month for a paltry $375 but geez camp-coded books are blazing - I am going to say it sniffs it but not over.

1 hour ago, path4play said:

Over.  I say over 2200

Edited by Ricksneatstuff

On 7/5/2018 at 6:14 PM, path4play said:

New add, back from CGC.

10/10/44 earliest/first known front date stamp.  Looking more and more like switched from fountain pen sig/code to date stamp Oct 44 which continued to at least Mar 45, likely still in the camp era.

752018001.jpg

So that's her date stamp rather than a distributor stamp? hm

1 hour ago, entalmighty1 said:

I say over as well.  If that Boy 16 got over $3,500, how can this not get at least $2k?

That's my thinking as well.  The only thing that might hold it back is if some collectors just want a single example of the pedigree.  If so, then maybe fewer bidders will participate in this auction than in other recent ones.  

16 hours ago, path4play said:

I'm going over.  Heck, its jumped $300 since this thread started lol.

Tracker below.  24 days to go.  Get your guesses in.

Wings #46 Okajima = $1,600
  Over Under
deadleg Y  
telerites   N
path4play Y  

No doubt, I'm on the wrong side - this is why I don't invest in the stock market anymore or play Texas Hold 'Em - I tell everyone take the other side of my bet if they want to win :banana:

It's an average issue of a title with minimal demand but it does have that magical inked name at the top...  Collectors hang on to these and there are rarely many for sale. I would think it would go for just a little over $2k but anything can happen with this pedigree.

6 hours ago, telerites said:

No doubt, I'm on the wrong side - this is why I don't invest in the stock market anymore or play Texas Hold 'Em - I tell everyone take the other side of my bet if they want to win :banana:

I guess your not alone telerites, I figured $1,600 was a reasonable mid-point but good thing I'm not a bookie doing over/under for Vegas. 

Looking like board consensus would have made $2,100 area for a more fun decision.

14 minutes ago, path4play said:

I guess your not alone telerites, I figured $1,600 was a reasonable mid-point but good thing I'm not a bookie doing over/under for Vegas. 

Looking like board consensus would have made $2,100 area for a more fun decision.

I just don't follow that closely - I love the pedigree and have just the one camp coded book (Black Terror 6, purchased long ago).  It is amazing how the appeal of this ped has escalated and I do believe in the power of the boards.  Normally, I see the generic airplane focused covered Wings as being not that popular but again this one is special.  

Thanks for setting up the spreadsheet and granting me access, btw.