• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Okajima pedigree
26 26

1,554 posts in this topic

ok information from the episode of "The Incurable Collector"

definitely a camp book

Superman #29 (august 1944)"5/4/1944" on cover

possible

Worlds Finest #9 (march 1943) though the shot doesnt show the pedigree markings).

adding the shadow to the list. "THANKS :)"

I'm debating contacting the seller and asking for a copy of the COA on the TC35 book. I agree its really outside the spectrum of what the OO collected

@ @tricolorbrian yes some were in poor condition. most of these don't seem to be slabbed. im linking the fighting yank 23 as an example

oh and can you post a pic of your book and pedigree page "of you have one"

17v7n8.jpg

Edited by Griff

Were there any books in G- condition that had no markings on them? I have an All New #11 (1944) that the owner of Heroes comic shop in Fresno, CA told me was an Okajima when I bought it. 3/4 of the spine is split. I can post a scan if it will help.

seriously doubt it. The '44 books were camp books and they have all had the same marking types. Unfortunately, I doubt there'd be one different book in the middle of the other identical books.

The camp books vary in condition, though I havent seen any THAT low (G-). Though I've seen some in VG+ condition or FN-ish.

OK...I'll post it, but I don't know why that shop owner would lie about the pedigree. He wasn't even that interested when I asked to see the book, and I paid under guide for it. come to thin about it, he never gets excited about any purchases in his store...

Edited by tricolorbrian

OK...I'll post it, but I don't know why that shop owner would lie about the pedigree. He wasn't even that interested when I asked to see the book, and I paid under guide for it. come to thin about it, he never gets excited about any purchases in his store...

Just did a look up.

All New #11 would be from '46 (maybe super late'45) .

So its possible since this would be post-camp (thus no -script, no code) and I think there were some books in this in between time (later books all have the distributor code) that dont have any markings... let me look.

Odds are better since its a 45/6 book.

Thanks Brian :)

and I meant scan of the book and of the pedigree books I have seen about half come with a CoA. I was hoping for a scan of the COA if you got one :)

I can scan mine and post it if ya like to show you what the COA looks like

Edited by Griff

adding the shadow to the list. "THANKS :)"

I'm debating contacting the seller and asking for a copy of the COA on the TC35 book. I agree its really outside the spectrum of what the OO collected

The Teen Comics 35 exhibits similar markings to the 2 examples I posted. The seller says it comes with a cert. I bet its a legit Okajima.