• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Okajima pedigree
25 25

1,557 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, newshane said:

lol

I have a lot to learn.

Still, I wouldn't have felt bad peeling off 1600 for it.

I thought the result was surprising.  Maybe going near the end of the GA portion in the Saturday session of this auction hurt the bids.  Might have done better on Thursday.

11 minutes ago, szavisca said:

7.5 times guide for a non GGA cover Wings still seems like a pretty strong price... will take a few more auctions to see if there’s a settling of these books starting to happen or not.

I think that's the answer. I couldn't bring myself to bid more for an airplane cover;) 

On 7/10/2018 at 5:27 PM, telerites said:

A non-GGA, non-Nazi/Japanese FH, blasé  airplane cover with 3 higher copies on the census plus a 9.2 just selling this month for a paltry $375 but geez camp-coded books are blazing - I am going to say it sniffs it but not over.

I got one right - this is a first and probably a last.  (:

Still amazes how much this ped has soared.  Considering that 9.2 which I referenced above and what it sold for within a month of the Okajima.  Blows what little is left of my mind.  

Edited by telerites

6 hours ago, telerites said:

I got one right - this is a first and probably a last.  (:

Still amazes how much this ped has soared.  Considering that 9.2 which I referenced above and what it sold for within a month of the Okajima.  Blows what little is left of my mind.  

Well done telerites, you were only one who went under $1,600!

Now we can all watch the Shadow on clink.

7 hours ago, batman_fan said:

Has anyone ever seen an issue of Batman from the collection?  I don't believe I have ever seen a copy.  

Interesting observation.  Nope.  There is an Action, Superman, a couple Sensation, Wonder Woman.  No Batman has surfaced on this thread or GPA sales. 

10 hours ago, path4play said:

Interesting observation.  Nope.  There is an Action, Superman, a couple Sensation, Wonder Woman.  No Batman has surfaced on this thread or GPA sales. 

Just curious, do you know which publisher is represented the most in the ped?  Was it FH?  I seem to see a lot of those (not talking just about camp-coded issues).

34 minutes ago, telerites said:

Just curious, do you know which publisher is represented the most in the ped?  Was it FH?  I seem to see a lot of those (not talking just about camp-coded issues).

maybe, or Fawcett... she loved her some Captain Marvel Jr!

I'll check the number tonight

36 minutes ago, telerites said:

you are right! 28% of the collection is FH, Fawcett is second at 10%

2 minutes ago, miraclemet said:

you are right! 28% of the collection is FH, Fawcett is second at 10%

Thanks.  That is quite a disparity.  Were the titles actually requested by her, or was she able to pick out from what was brought in, or just given titles without any choice? 

Also wondering if book distribution had anything to do with the books in the ped since some titles (publishers) may not have been as prevalent in certain areas of the country or were not distributed to some regions/areas at all. 

19 minutes ago, telerites said:

Thanks.  That is quite a disparity.  Were the titles actually requested by her, or was she able to pick out from what was brought in, or just given titles without any choice? 

Also wondering if book distribution had anything to do with the books in the ped since some titles (publishers) may not have been as prevalent in certain areas of the country or were not distributed to some regions/areas at all. 

the camp pictures ive seen of the Px showed a comic/magazine rack with plenty of choices, so I would say these were her choices, also she kept up with the same titles in and out of the camo....

24 minutes ago, miraclemet said:

the camp pictures ive seen of the Px showed a comic/magazine rack with plenty of choices, so I would say these were her choices, also she kept up with the same titles in and out of the camo....

Oh yeah, I do remember seeing some of those pics.  Thanks again.  Really marvel at all the research and sharing of information you have done.  

Looks like someone had some Nyoka Okajoma books and they are dribbling out via HA

first two books sold for $660 (#23, CGC NM- 9.2 OW) and $600 (#24 CGC VF+ 8.5 W)

these are post-camp books. 

Edited by miraclemet

4 hours ago, Leescomics said:

I read this thread with interest, since I just acquired a large Fiction House collection that includes an Okajima book.
I didn't see this one listed.
- Lee Hester
Lee's Comics of California

623103046_junglecomics112b.thumb.jpg.f6e5a04b44bc252db05352b5fd49b40a.jpg

Interesting.  I've never seen the stamp on the spine before.  Nice book!