• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Okajima pedigree
25 25

1,557 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, october said:

Yeah I was looking closely at that one too and had bid in and sniper loaded. 

On 2/11/2020 at 6:05 AM, path4play said:
On 2/11/2020 at 6:04 AM, zosocane said:

Do you have a list of post-camp books?   Or can you point me to one?

I do not, nor have I ever seen one.  It would be like 900 books vs. 100 camp era ones.

It's quite evident that the Camp copies of this pedigree are the most desirable, as seen from the huge multiples they sell for.  (thumbsu

Any idea if the post-camp Okajima books would also carry some kind of lower multiples to guide or just a premium to condition guide?  hm

On 7/6/2019 at 4:39 PM, jabats said:

I think I got into the pedigree about two years ago. Here are the camp books in my collection:

F956E5EF-9A0A-4E8D-8D8C-476097211B8D.jpeg

For all of you camp collectors out here, any idea of how much of a hit is applied by CGC in terms of the final grade due to the writing on the covers here?  hm

I just find it rather a bit  :screwy: that CGC would consider telltale pedigree codings as defects and hence would downgrade accordingly for them.  :censored:   

Since the Church Mile High codes are usually always less obtrusive though, I imagine there's much less of a downgrade hit when grading for that pedigree.  Personally though, I would still always prefer a Church book with the Mile High code on it, as opposed to a Church book without the coding.  Then again, that's probably just me.  (shrug)  :takeit:

Edited by lou_fine

3 hours ago, lou_fine said:

For all of you camp collectors out here, any idea of how much of a hit is applied by CGC in terms of the final grade due to the writing on the covers here?  hm

I just find it rather a bit  :screwy: that CGC would consider telltale pedigree codings as defects and hence would downgrade accordingly for them.  :censored:   :takeit:

I'm particularly fond of that Whiz #58.  One of just two with the word CAMP written on it. 

Edited by path4play

11 minutes ago, skypinkblu said:

I didn't think that would stay hidden;) 

I keep it quiet until the price gets up there, once the cats out of the bag might as well make sure it's listed in the thread for posterity.
War books in this pedigree go for a premium over premium, super hero books (since they are less frequent) do too... so this one is bound to go sky high. 

On 2/28/2020 at 1:05 PM, lou_fine said:

It's quite evident that the Camp copies of this pedigree are the most desirable, as seen from the huge multiples they sell for.  (thumbsu

Any idea if the post-camp Okajima books would also carry some kind of lower multiples to guide or just a premium to condition guide?  hm

It's a mix I've seen them go from @ market (no difference due to the post-camp pedigree) to 2x a non-camp copy. There have been a few non-camp sales in the last year (some Nyokas) that went for about 2x if I remember right.