How did you come up with your forum name and avatar?
10 10

455 posts in this topic

I started my ebay account to look for Street Fighter toys, so I wanted something to do with the game. There were several variations on the fireball Ryu and Ken throw, I ended going with Hado_ken.

I've used that name for lots of things and over the years it's just been shortened to Hado, which I believe translates to "surge" in Japanese.

Heck I even tried to get it for a license plate, it and all variations were taken so I ended up using the uppercut instead: SHORYUKN!

My first name was Devilish Esquire... as an ode to my favorite superhero Daredevil... and I'm a lawyer. I just think it got lost in translation and went over many people's heads.

So I went with one of my favorite literary characters - the main character from Clive Barker's The Thief of Always! (thumbs u

My first name was Devilish Esquire... as an ode to my favorite superhero Daredevil... and I'm a lawyer. I just think it got lost in translation and went over many people's heads.

So I went with one of my favorite literary characters - the main character from Clive Barker's The Thief of Always! (thumbs u

That's a pretty short ode.

I started my ebay account to look for Street Fighter toys, so I wanted something to do with the game. There were several variations on the fireball Ryu and Ken throw, I ended going with Hado_ken.

I've used that name for lots of things and over the years it's just been shortened to Hado, which I believe translates to "surge" in Japanese.

Heck I even tried to get it for a license plate, it and all variations were taken so I ended up using the uppercut instead: SHORYUKN!

:cloud9: Street Fighter 2! I played that game SOOOO much on SNES back in the day, I used to be able to beat the game playing with my toes. No word of a lie!

That's not the right word... is it? :blush:

lol

Pay homage is what I really wanted to say... I'm tired!

That's not the right word... is it? :blush:

lol

Pay homage is what I really wanted to say... I'm tired!

Hey man, nothing wrong with a short ode. It's not the length, it's what you do with it that counts (I hope).

:cloud9: Street Fighter 2 I played that game SOOOO much on SNES back in the day, I used to be able to beat the game playing with my toes. No word of a lie!

I had mono when I was 18, five weeks with nothing to do I pretty much mastered Mortal Kombat II with my feet. A friend didn't believe me until I beat him with a Faitality lol

Sometimes I wish I had put more effort into my board name. I just used my real name - Tony Starks - and just did the initial for the last name.

Chicks dig me, because I rarely wear underwear and when I do it's usually something unusual.

I used to use "Ghost" for "you never see me or notice me but I am always there". However, on most forums Ghost whas already gone so I switched to 999ghosts. Now, lets see who knows where the 999ghosts comes from (the person who guesses it will win a free air hugh)

Other names I use(d)

Ghosts

999ghosts

TheDarkOne

HeroesVillains

"Anyone can have an opinion...anyone can join in and jump..." :grin:

And I'm pretty sure my avatar is an interior photograph from this issue of Rolling Stone...

800626RS.jpg

I had a subscription from '79 - '88 or so, but dumped them all years ago, so I'm not 100% sure...

I used to use "Ghost" for "you never see me or notice me but I am always there". However, on most forums Ghost whas already gone so I switched to 999ghosts. Now, lets see who knows where the 999ghosts comes from (the person who guesses it will win a free air hugh)

Other names I use(d)

Ghosts

999ghosts

TheDarkOne

HeroesVillains

The Haunted Mansion.