• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How did you come up with your forum name and avatar?
4 4

453 posts in this topic

Storm Shadow because I was really into the G.I. Joe brand being an 80s child. I always liked how even though he was a ninja he wore all white, while Snake Eyes was the opposite in all black. I somewhat fancy myself as a comic ninja. I thought it would be cool to represent myself as a character on the boards so it would be more identifiable. Little did I know I would meet so many folks on here and Instagram in real life that I'm actually called Storm Shadow or Storm in person. I'm ok with that. :takeit:

Current avatar is from the IDW comics. Although I'm contemplating changing it to something Punisher

Spidey - cuz I love him

62 - my birth year (it's hard to find common names without some kind of differentiator these days), and I messed up with the space. 

Avatar - from a sketch card I have,  drawn by Jim Cheung 

Edited by Spidey 62

My current Avatar is from an Archie Comics pinup that my sister got me. She  knew Dan DeCarlo a little bit and he was tickled when she told him that I named my daughter Veronica, so he signed the pinup page artwork to her and I.

My forum name, which I also use for all but the metal detecting forums I go to, is from my main three things I collect, my three C's, Comics, Coins, and Cars. In trying to remember I think I collected comics first, then coins. Cars I did not get into until my adult life. Nowadays I don't know if I really qualify as a car collector as I do not have that many, just my 1969 Camaro, and I still have my dad's 1931 Ford sitting in the barn.

Punk rock! Rebellion! Freedom! 

I picked the same username I used in high school (when it was slightly more relevant) and honestly I wish i would’ve picked some comic book related. I think when I signed up I was in a hurry because I really wanted to post something so just picked what I already knew. :headbang:

I just changed my avatar. The new Mister Miracle is fantastic.

Edited by punksdropdirtysrh

Lucky is the name of my dog.  In Indonesian, baru means new.  He was our new dog over a decade ago.

The avatar is Packy.  He's from an animated movie/series Cat_____1.  I can't type out the whole name because of forum rules.  The character first appeared in a Japanese comic called Apocalypse Meow. 

33 minutes ago, Lucky Baru said:

Lucky is the name of my dog.  In Indonesian, baru means new.  He was our new dog over a decade ago.

The avatar is Packy.  He's from an animated movie/series Cat_____1.  I can't type out the whole name because of forum rules.  The character first appeared in a Japanese comic called Apocalypse Meow. 

When i see your name i always think of Billy Baru i- the name of the putter used Judge Smalls (Ted Baxter) in the Caddyshack movie !! famous name for a putter now because of that great movie !!