• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How did you come up with your forum name and avatar?
4 4

453 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, G G ® said:

There are members of undiscovered Amazonian  tribes who have lived in caves for the last 25 years who know this Dwayne. :insane: 

we do not!

1 hour ago, G G ® said:

There are members of undiscovered Amazonian  tribes who have lived in caves for the last 25 years who know this Dwayne. :insane: 

there's always one, case in point see above lol

2 hours ago, G G ® said:

Okay, I admit I'm a Potterhead ;)

22 minutes ago, Senormac said:

When I first got a computer back in 96 or so I joined a Doc Savage  message board. Nobody used their real names.  Everyone was an alias.  So I went with "Mr". cuz I'm a guy and "Mac" for my Scottish heritage.

So for a while I was MrMac.  A couple years later when I joined ebay I didn't quite like the sound of MrMac and changed the Mr  to Spanish, cuz it sounded better,  thus SenorMac.  I've been using Senormac ever since.  All through the Corona boards (LOTR), the Microsoft gaming zone years, the homebrew message boards and of course this place. 

My avatar is from the cover of G A Plastic Man #21 cuz he was my favorite comic book hero. 

Good lord ~choke~

9 hours ago, Senormac said:

When I first got a computer back in 96 or so I joined a Doc Savage  message board. Nobody used their real names.  Everyone was an alias.  So I went with "Mr". cuz I'm a guy and "Mac" for my Scottish heritage.

So for a while I was MrMac.  A couple years later when I joined ebay I didn't quite like the sound of MrMac and changed the Mr  to Spanish, cuz it sounded better,  thus SenorMac.  I've been using Senormac ever since.  All through the Corona boards (LOTR), the Microsoft gaming zone years, the homebrew message boards and of course this place. 

My avatar is from the cover of G A Plastic Man #21 cuz he was my favorite comic book hero. 

It's nice one

Is wifey Senoritamac?

My forum name has its origin in my teenage lack of self-esteem.  :whistle: Back in the olden days of the mid-80s, :preach:I got saddled with the nickname of "Gonzo" on the first day of 7th grade gym class due to my, um, glorious beak.  With teenagers being who they are, it stuck to the point where I don't know if half my class even knew my real name by graduation. (shrug)

Sometime in the 8th or 9th grade, I needed to come up with a name for a new D&D character (half-orc cleric of Thor :headbang:).  In a fit of brilliance/self-loathing, I mixed Gonzo with Quasimodo and came up with Gonzimodo.  (Yes, I've always had bad posture, but luckily no hunchback...)

The name (and character) always stuck in my mind, so when I needed a username back around the turn of the century, I went with it, and I've been Gonzimodo online ever since.

My current avatar is GI Joe #7, which is the comic that started my comic collecting all those years ago. :banana:

5 minutes ago, justin said:

My forum name is my name. I misread the registration form.

My avatar is wolverine from the original art of Ultimate Wolverine vs Hulk #1, which I own 😊

been many a name change recently, I'm sure someone could help you, if your wanting to that is, but Justin from 2006 now turning into Garganzola, might just flip people right out :o 

On 8/4/2019 at 5:19 PM, Get Marwood & I said:

Marwood and I joined as 'Dog Like Sparky' in 2016 and immediately got on everyone's nerves by acting up like a pair of trumped up popinjays. Sixty eight fake FDQE's later, we got the last ever old school strike and became duly immortalised in the Moderation Forum. In a fit of pence pique we returned in our current guise and began annoying everyone all over again. We've been annoying everyone since. It's not my fault of course. Marwood is an idiot and I have to put up with his constant attention seeking shenanigans. So get Marwood, I say. And kick his teeth in.

i hope you and that pesky Marwood are doing well Steve :foryou: