• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How did you come up with your forum name and avatar?
4 4

453 posts in this topic

My wife's name is Cat. My name is Rick. That's been our email handle since we first signed up for AOL back circa 15 years ago. I use it pretty much everywhere

I'm TRANSPARENT, lol

I started my ebay account to look for Street Fighter toys, so I wanted something to do with the game. There were several variations on the fireball Ryu and Ken throw, I ended going with Hado_ken.

I've used that name for lots of things and over the years it's just been shortened to Hado, which I believe translates to "surge" in Japanese.

Heck I even tried to get it for a license plate, it and all variations were taken so I ended up using the uppercut instead: SHORYUKN!

My first name was Devilish Esquire... as an ode to my favorite superhero Daredevil... and I'm a lawyer. I just think it got lost in translation and went over many people's heads.

So I went with one of my favorite literary characters - the main character from Clive Barker's The Thief of Always! (thumbs u

My first name was Devilish Esquire... as an ode to my favorite superhero Daredevil... and I'm a lawyer. I just think it got lost in translation and went over many people's heads.

So I went with one of my favorite literary characters - the main character from Clive Barker's The Thief of Always! (thumbs u

That's a pretty short ode.

I started my ebay account to look for Street Fighter toys, so I wanted something to do with the game. There were several variations on the fireball Ryu and Ken throw, I ended going with Hado_ken.

I've used that name for lots of things and over the years it's just been shortened to Hado, which I believe translates to "surge" in Japanese.

Heck I even tried to get it for a license plate, it and all variations were taken so I ended up using the uppercut instead: SHORYUKN!

:cloud9: Street Fighter 2! I played that game SOOOO much on SNES back in the day, I used to be able to beat the game playing with my toes. No word of a lie!

That's not the right word... is it? :blush:

lol

Pay homage is what I really wanted to say... I'm tired!

That's not the right word... is it? :blush:

lol

Pay homage is what I really wanted to say... I'm tired!

Hey man, nothing wrong with a short ode. It's not the length, it's what you do with it that counts (I hope).

:cloud9: Street Fighter 2 I played that game SOOOO much on SNES back in the day, I used to be able to beat the game playing with my toes. No word of a lie!

I had mono when I was 18, five weeks with nothing to do I pretty much mastered Mortal Kombat II with my feet. A friend didn't believe me until I beat him with a Faitality lol

I used to use "Ghost" for "you never see me or notice me but I am always there". However, on most forums Ghost whas already gone so I switched to 999ghosts. Now, lets see who knows where the 999ghosts comes from (the person who guesses it will win a free air hugh)

Other names I use(d)

Ghosts

999ghosts

TheDarkOne

HeroesVillains

"Anyone can have an opinion...anyone can join in and jump..." :grin:

And I'm pretty sure my avatar is an interior photograph from this issue of Rolling Stone...

800626RS.jpg

I had a subscription from '79 - '88 or so, but dumped them all years ago, so I'm not 100% sure...

I used to use "Ghost" for "you never see me or notice me but I am always there". However, on most forums Ghost whas already gone so I switched to 999ghosts. Now, lets see who knows where the 999ghosts comes from (the person who guesses it will win a free air hugh)

Other names I use(d)

Ghosts

999ghosts

TheDarkOne

HeroesVillains

The Haunted Mansion.