• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How did you come up with your forum name and avatar?
4 4

453 posts in this topic

Combination of a tribute to The Pink Panther movies and I really didn't want a serious username for this place (I originally used my full name before I changed it).

My Forum name is a nickname given to me about 25 years ago that’s based on my real name, and is my most common nom de plume.

My avatar dates from the period when many Forumites sought to pay tribute to Dena. I think Skypinkblu and I currently have the only remaining Denatars; mine was made by Flee.

For someone who prefers not to change his avatar often, I seem to have accumulated a fair amount:

70GTX.gifcyclopsavatar.gif

avatar_max_grinch.gifavatar.gifIronKingavatar.gif

Gargantuaavatar.gifInvadersAvatar.gifSpookGroupAvatarwhipper.gifOuterSpaceavatar.gifspoonbee.gif

My forum name comes straight from my real name...it's what I'd been using on eBay and elsewhere, so I just keep going with it....

My avatar is Luca Pacioli, the "Father of Accounting" (he invented the double-entry bookkeeping system...you know, debits have to equal credits and such...). (I'm an accounting professor)

My all-time favorite comedian and childhood hero, Roberto Gomez Bolanos, from Mexico city, had a Really famous comedy show in the 70s, this show was incredibly popular all over the latin America. Because he was such a creative writer, people called him , little Shakespear, or Shakespearito in Spanish; he latinized it and called himself Chespirito...

adopting that name is a tribute to him.......

I still want English subtitles for Spanish-language programming, just so I can know exactly what I have been laughing at all these years!

chespirito04.jpg

Or just plain ogling...

univision_hotties_16.jpg

jackie_guerrido.jpg

univision-weather-intro.jpg

jackie_guerrido_univision_weather_girl_3q3KHRg.sized.jpg

4697577902_4c410de08b_z.jpg

:whistle::D:devil:

-slym (thinks that Jackie Guerrido is absolutely a delight to look at)

:cloud9::cloud9::cloud9:

User name came from my young daughter being afraid of the woogieman instead of the boogeyman (don't ask me...). I added the mr because class.

The avatar had been posted on here by someone or other at some point, not as an avatar but a full size post (a meme before the meme rage!). It fit the irreverent tone I was seeking. Together with the sig line flee-smiley and the sig line quote, the overall tone was established.

But what do I know

My forum name comes straight from my real name...it's what I'd been using on eBay and elsewhere, so I just keep going with it....

My avatar is Luca Pacioli, the "Father of Accounting" (he invented the double-entry bookkeeping system...you know, debits have to equal credits and such...). (I'm an accounting professor)

That is awesome, I did not recognize him. And I am a type/graphic designer, I know him for the "De divina proportione" treatise… :blush:

Name is my nickname from my last name.

My avatar is from everyone calling me Rodney. Just wait, the Rodney's will appear and you will see what I mean.

That is awesome, I did not recognize him. And I am a type/graphic designer, I know him for the "De divina proportione" treatise… :blush:

Ah, yes...he was a mathematical genius...seems like Italy produces a lot of those...he did a lot of work with da Vinci (as vaillant knows) - probably invented modern accounting in his spare time, while he was resting his brain. :D

My name is Dan... I was born in the year of the monkey... and, especially as a kid, looked a bit like a monkey. I had monkey toys in my cot as a baby and as a kid, was 100% addicted to "Monkey Magic" on TV.

So.. yeah. Like monkeys.

A decade ago I bought the domain "dontfeedthemonkeys.com" and out of all the domains I've owned, it's always been my fave.

When I was integrating the site with Twitter, it was just too many letters, so I shortened it to this... I've always used different variations of simian based usernames... "The Hungry Monkeys" in fantasy football, "Chimp Daddy" on xbox, "CheekyChimpanzee" on PSN etc... but this one grew on me and sort of evolved into my standard username across forums and social networks.

My avatar is simply a picture of my wife and I on a roller coaster... Only minus the roller coaster.