• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How did you come up with your forum name and avatar?
4 4

453 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, tv horror said:

I only came here because I was nosey and got stuck, the only unfortunate thing is you're all STUCK with me TV Horror!!!!!!!! I love TV and Horror nuff said.  As for the Cryptkeeper he captures my humourous side.:bigsmile:

landscape-1459266994-tv-tales-of-the-crypt.jpg

:headbang:

Great to have more horror guys here.

Edited by oakman29

When I showed up to meet the men’s basketball team at a practice as I was just starting my job as media relations director for a division I college 20+ years ago, the legendary coach (gym named after him, Hall of fame, that sort of thing) puts his arm around me and says “I can’t prounounce this guy’s name, so we’re just gonna call him Frankie Maz”.  To this day, no one outside of the athletic world calls me that (and he left after that season) but still there’s a certain group of players, broadcasters, media, etc, to whom I’m forever “Maz”.  So when picking my forum name I just sorta leaned into it. :bigsmile:

Name: Nicknamed that at 21 when I was a DJ... it's a long story that wouldn't make sense to anyone here. BUT some friends only know me by that name. 
Avatar: That's me! In my friends' comic vault. He has a LOT of #1's and I took a pic with some favorites about 20 years ago. :)

One of my favorite comics as a kid in the 70s was Shazam! #28, so when I was trying to think up a cool comic-related pseudonym my first thought was "Black Adam!"

Upside: Let's me have a cool-looking lightning bolt for my profile pic

Downside: Everyone thinks my name is Adam :tonofbricks:

Image result for SHAZAM 28

"Sagekilz" is from hip-hop artist Sage Francis.  It really should be "Sage Kills" (which is a Sage Francis song) but when I first tried to use it EONS ago for something else, it was taken, so I chose sagekilz.  

My avatar is a picture of me and my daughter, Namora.

Edited by sagekilz

7 minutes ago, DavidTheDavid said:

There once was a collector named David
Who rhymed very well with TheDavid
So when the two met
They both got wet
Thus born was DavidTheDavid

they call me mellow yellow, quite right slick :tink: