• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How did you come up with your forum name and avatar?
4 4

453 posts in this topic

To differentiate the threads people can also regale us with stories of their avatars.

Let's see if there is anybody out there that will figure out what mine is. (Not as easy as the 999ghosts... I think)

Google Images says its...

Hauntfreaks.com

No! But they used it. Anybody else want to try?

My name.

My avatar is from the British comic Viz, a character called the Brown Bottle ( not suitable for the boards :( ) who turns into a superhero when he drinks Newcastle brown ale, which is my drink of choice from my home town, Newcastle.

I live in the UK, and I'm Canadian. It's kind of how my girlfriend (British) says "Canada"...sort of... ;)

The avatar I use is the logo of Lokomotiv Yaroslavl ice hockey team, who were killed in an airplane crash in 2011. I support the Calgary Flames and the coach of Lokomotiv was Brad McCrimmon, who was on our 1989 Stanley Cup winning team.

James

When I was a kid, I was a pretty serious artist and wanted to get into comics. I came up with the name of Designer Toast Studios when I was fourteen or so. A chemical accident resulted in nerve damage to my hands, and I quit drawing. :(

My avatar is courtesy of Lebowski.

I just wanted to have a board name which was comics-related but not related to north-american comic books and to super-hero comics, so I picked Vaillant from Michel Vaillant, which is a classic character of the french-belgian bande dessinée.

The comic has a car racing setting, but the best stories (especially the earlier ones) are all around adventure stories, with lots of insight and deeper themes, and mystery elements as well. ;)

My avatar… I am still working on it as I am unsure if it should relate to the name (and the character) or not. hm

I didnt put much though into my name, just wanted to pick something random from something I liked. First thing that came to mind was the movie the Mothman Prophecies and that the mysterious creature's voice refered to itself as Indrid Cold. So just went with that. I saw the movie for the 2nd time recently and decided that maybe I don't like it so much after all. I could change the name but why bother...

I would have never recalled that. Yes, the movie wishes to give the impression it is something deep when… it really isn’t – no matter how much "true story" is into it… lol

When I was a kid, I was a pretty serious artist and wanted to get into comics. I came up with the name of Designer Toast Studios when I was fourteen or so. A chemical accident resulted in nerve damage to my hands, and I quit drawing. :(

So sorry to hear that. :(

My last name is Sleeper and Rip is also a nickname of one of my older family members. Also I Iike horror movies, books etc.
Wasn't it originally Rip_Van_Sleep? hm

I was reading Essential Silver Surfer when I joined the boards so I used his name on Zenn-La. My avatar is also courtesy of Lebowski (Lebowski avatars were all the rage a few years ago).

My avatar is Borat. I've had it for many years (before the movie). Everytime I think about changing it, I just keep it. When people change their avatars, I get all confused as I associate names and avatars.

PIP is the one poster that can change his avatar and I still don't have to do a double-take at the name as he uses the Elvis theme.