• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official Darkhawk Appreciation Thread
3 3

689 posts in this topic

On 12/22/2017 at 7:00 PM, Wolverinex said:

How rare are Darkhawk 1 newstands?

Wide ballpark guess? 15-30% of the direct run

rarer in Cgc 9.8 relatively. I’ve seen 3, and I look pretty hard

Mail call.  Thanks to Dscott for facilitating.

IMG_9810.jpg

IMG_9809.jpg

IMG_9808.jpg

13 hours ago, 1dingo said:

Finally got around to reading  DH #51......that new suit is fugly. Never been a fan of his his square shoulder pads, but these look ridiculous. 

Screenshot_20180127-041825.png

not a bad issue, but yah I'm not a fan of the shoulder pads,.  But I do like the pink tron costume liners.

12 minutes ago, FoggyNelson said:

I think I have a few Darkhawk number one in 9.8 ???

Do or do not. There is no ‘try’ or ‘think’ or value in slabbing 9.6’s.

On 2/11/2018 at 11:14 AM, revat said:

Do or do not. There is no ‘try’ or ‘think’ or value in slabbing 9.6’s.

Yeah probably not 9.8 even thou I bought them new an never read them

I finally bit the bullet from the 'bay.  I had a CGC SS 9.4 in the registry slot before, but I think it's time to move up and get serious.

IMG_9977.jpg

2 hours ago, revat said:

I finally bit the bullet from the 'bay.  I had a CGC SS 9.4 in the registry slot before, but I think it's time to move up and get serious.

my used book store by my house has a lot of miscellaneous stuff.... #1 issue of The Shroud, NightWatch, Bloodshot, Turok.....then it had a "VG" issue of Darkhawk #1 and I thought about you :) so I looked and they have more DarkHawk's; I didn't check condition or know if there were any issues that you needed but I'm sure that you have it well in hand.

If there are issues toward the end of the run, I could check to see if they have those for you, just because I'd imagine those are harder to come by....:foryou:

2 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

my used book store by my house has a lot of miscellaneous stuff.... #1 issue of The Shroud, NightWatch, Bloodshot, Turok.....then it had a "VG" issue of Darkhawk #1 and I thought about you :) so I looked and they have more DarkHawk's; I didn't check condition or know if there were any issues that you needed but I'm sure that you have it well in hand.

If there are issues toward the end of the run, I could check to see if they have those for you, just because I'd imagine those are harder to come by....:foryou:

I'm still trying to find Darkhawk #49 in the wild :wishluck:

IMG_0131.jpg

I've been meaning to get these Italians for a while, finally got'em.  The #1 is pretty low grade, but the Venom one is still in its original wrapping and in very high grade.  I might try to have it graded (or signed and graded) if CGC will slab it (its a thin TPB like the Killing Joke), so they probably will.

I have the whole Darkhawk Spanish run already, but there's like a special #1 Spanish I don't have yet.

Has anyone else discovered any other foreign language issues? or international editions?

IMG_0131.JPG

Edited by revat

I can't see my picture, I used Post image?  Anyone else have problems with that? 

I just attached the pic directly, but I prefer using post image

Edited by revat

I think this is the last CGC 9.8 that exists that I didn't yet have a copy of...

DH_25_front.jpg

If you guys slab more, I'll buy more.  Do it. Do it.