• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official Darkhawk Appreciation Thread
3 3

689 posts in this topic

8 minutes ago, minisink warrior said:

Preordered these from American Entertainment in late 1990 while I was in grad school.  Decided to get them graded recently. Always liked Manley’s art in this title.

All 9.8's!!! I always doubted even in a box that comics retained there condition, this proves that with a little care.... that 30 years from now my books can be 9.8 too! Awesome! 

Seriously blows my mind! I've had books a week that I've looked at recently that I can notice a condition change... sigh

The only thing I could think is that they don't make them like they used to?

As far as I know, the last foreign language DH comic I don't have.  Just had it imported.  I've got a boatload of Spanish ones and three Italian ones.  If you know of any in other languages, let me know.

s-l1600.jpg

Either the toughest or second toughest one in CGC 9.8.

Special thanks to my WTB thread, dreams to come true.  Keep slabbing those random DH's, I will keep overpaying for them!

IMG-0565.jpg

2 hours ago, 1dingo said:

Time to add to the collection...

20181025_162548.jpg

20181025_162607.jpg

20181025_155942.jpg

20181025_160018.jpg

20181025_162508.jpg

20181025_160228.jpg

Epic!

Who's brave enough to buy this and send it to CGC? I once thought I had a couple 9.9`s, but I sent them with a couple of cracked out 9.8's to get signed. The 9.8's came back as 9.6 , while the nicer ones came back as 9.8's.  Broke my heart. 

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F113334803940

Edited by 1dingo

20 hours ago, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

Question for those that accept that first appearances can be in previews: why does Marvel Age 97 seem to be the item to have, rather than Marvel Requirer 11, which came out the month before?

my first guess is that its not a comic. And also DH isn't popular enough to dive that deep

5 minutes ago, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:
6 hours ago, revat said:

my first guess is that its not a comic. And also DH isn't popular enough to dive that deep

Marvel Age isn't a comic either. It's a news magazine.

If it walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck . . . :bigsmile:

I've got something earth-shattering (IMO) in the pipeline that I tremendously overpaid for...but its coming via media mail...  slowly...its better than this:

MCoC_CR_Darkhawk_ChampionSpotlight_1920x1080-768x432.png