• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official Darkhawk Appreciation Thread
3 3

689 posts in this topic

11 hours ago, 1dingo said:

An amazing 11x17 by Travis Mercer

20190820_220021.jpg

this is the best Darkhawk original art I've ever seen.

Another one bites the dust. 

Things have really been heating up for me on my hunt.  Thanks to a mystery boardie for hooking it up.

Darkhawk 34 front.jpg

I'm happy for you  @revat for making progress :) :whee: 

That was a series that my friend was into when I was a kid, that friend is no longer with us as of 2011, it brings back great memories seeing this thread.

Funny thing is, he was into DarkHawk, and I tried to copy him by acquiring things like: the shroud, nightwatch, and sleepwalker lol He didn't have many a DarkHawk but was proud of what he had ;) 

1 hour ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

I'm happy for you  @revat for making progress :) :whee: 

That was a series that my friend was into when I was a kid, that friend is no longer with us as of 2011, it brings back great memories seeing this thread.

Funny thing is, he was into DarkHawk, and I tried to copy him by acquiring things like: the shroud, nightwatch, and sleepwalker lol He didn't have many a DarkHawk but was proud of what he had ;) 

When I was young, I was hoping to get on board from the ground up with the next Spiderman (or at least Moon Knight or Iron Fist), and got really into Darkhawk.  Obviously at that age (and maybe just at that time in general) we didn't understand the idea of over printing manufactured collectibles.  This was a time when we were literally trading comics on the school bus (well me and just one other kid who I'm sure ripped me off - he is still to this day one of my better friends, but also a lawyer, for whatever that's worth). 

I liked Sleepwalker too at the time, and him and Darkhawk actually ended up with more in common than initially thought.

1 hour ago, whetteon said:

I need more CGCed Darkhawks. Why are you poeople not CGC'ing other issues of Darkhawk? :pullhair:

I've been asking myself this every day for the past three years.  And things have been picking up just a bit.  You need to start some movie rumors.

In unrelated news, James Gunn just named his new puppy Chris Powell and the skinny white guy from Euphoria has just been rumored to be cast as a 'space android with wings' type character in the next GOTG movie.

On 10/16/2019 at 2:08 PM, divad said:

because we can't even sell them raw . . . meh

um, that's because we want to buy the CGC graded copies? Are you speaking ze english? Do you understand the words coming out of my mouth? :baiting:

Edited by whetteon

2 hours ago, whetteon said:

um, that's because we want to buy the CGC graded copies? Are you speaking ze english? Do you understand the words coming out of my mouth? :baiting:

Si senor - then you will have to submit them yours:idea:elves