• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official Darkhawk Appreciation Thread
3 3

689 posts in this topic

14 minutes ago, revat said:

Merry Xmas to me!

Sold to me by a boardie from seeing my WTB thread!  Dreams to come true! 

C2579E01-5F90-4CB6-9F1C-54BDCE38CED8.jpeg

Scoooooore!

How long until completion :)

HOPE IT GOES EASY FOR YOU

1 minute ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Scoooooore!

How long until completion :)

HOPE IT GOES EASY FOR YOU

Actually, thanks to another friendly boardie, I expect to get 5 more early in the New Year that I don't already have.  So that's pretty good.  And more and more different issues are showing up on ebay, so that's a pretty good sign.  I'd love to wrap it up in 2020, but I think more likely by 2022 as in theory the remaining ones are even rarer.  But at the same time I'm also hoping to complete a newsstand set and a CGC SS set, so the hunt continues.

11 minutes ago, Wolverinex said:

Congrats!   Any photos of the whole set?

After I get the next 5, I should have 1-30 complete, and I'll still be missing 5 or six more in the 30's-40's.  Maybe I'll take a picture of the 1st 25 issues, the Mike Manley Issues.

1 hour ago, revat said:

After I get the next 5, I should have 1-30 complete, and I'll still be missing 5 or six more in the 30's-40's.  Maybe I'll take a picture of the 1st 25 issues, the Mike Manley Issues.

I would love to see it.  I only have issues 1-15 from when I was a kid.  As an adult, I picked up a newstand of  Darkhawk 1 as well as 2x of Darkhawk 50

I am/was a fan of Darkhawk and actually have the entire series.  Not slabbed, though.  I got issue #1 slabbed and it came back as a 8.5 (didn't get it pressed).  :(  I would gather that the rest of the issues are some where in the 8.5 to 9.4 range.

Happy hunting!! 

On 2/14/2020 at 4:25 PM, rasita said:

Thanks. All but 3 or 4 are 9.6 or above. Most falling closer to 9.8. I might add a healthy stack of moderns that received the TV bump recently to my order and go the pre-screen route just to be safe.  Sarkari Result Pnr Status 192.168.1.1

I don’t follow at all

He was actually super quick. Waited about a week for my turn, and he cranked it out in a couple days. I'm super impressed by his level of detail. I'm going to send him some comic blanks for a couple more pieces. I think he would kill Moon Knight, and thinking of him recreating Darkhawk #17 with Venom instead of the Russian Dude.

On ‎2‎/‎16‎/‎2020 at 8:17 PM, justin said:

Anyone have issue #17 graded? I’ve been wanting to see one in 9.8 for forever. It’s my favorite cover. I actually own the color guide to it 😁

DrkHwk_17_98.jpg