• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official Darkhawk Appreciation Thread
3 3

689 posts in this topic

Very nice 9.8 Kevin. :applause:

The "Marvel Comics" logo meets up with the rest of the top left corner perfectly on your copy. You don't always see that and it's a pet peeve of mine.

IMAG0383_1_zps29a46e51.jpg

Here's my Darkhawk shrine:

Danny Fingeroth signed both the #50 and what was originally and should still be a 9.8 #1

Harvey Toliboa signed the War of Kings #1.

I'm saving my two best raw #1 copies (and my beat up original copy) for Mike Manley to sign someday

And my Darkhawk sketches I'll post all together later when I get my newest piece: Galactus/ Darkhawk done by Toliboa and Jimbo Salgado

IMAG0383_1_zps29a46e51.jpg

Here's my Darkhawk shrine:

Danny Fingeroth signed both the #50 and what was originally and should still be a 9.8 #1

Harvey Toliboa signed the War of Kings #1.

I'm saving my two best raw #1 copies (and my beat up original copy) for Mike Manley to sign someday

And my Darkhawk sketches I'll post all together later when I get my newest piece: Galactus/ Darkhawk done by Toliboa and Jimbo Salgado

:applause:

Sadly I have never read a DarkHawk comic :sorry:

That's not really very sad.

Suck it Fingh. You're not wrong though. Avengers Arena is ok, but it's hardly a Darkhawk book. The original Darkhawk series is fun as a time capsule of the early 90's, other than that it's mostly bleh save for some of the earlier issues.

lol okay guess I didn't miss much. I guess I won't bother wasting $5 picking one up to read.

Shoot me a PM with your address and I'll send you the first ten or so issues for free.

Awesome, very cool of you.

lol okay guess I didn't miss much. I guess I won't bother wasting $5 picking one up to read.

Shoot me a PM with your address and I'll send you the first ten or so issues for free.

Awesome, very cool of you.

My pleasure, I have quite a few of them and you seemed genuinely curious about the series.

I am. When I get them I will read them and post here and actually contribute.

Awesome. I look forward to your review. I'll have those out to you shortly after the Monday postal holiday.

I need to take some pictures and scans of the recent collection I picked up. I think it's something that fellow Darkhawk fans will appreciate. :)

Stay tuned.

Just snagged another number 1 9.8 on ebay. Still no newsprint or 9.9s though. This character has some major upside potential. All that needs to happen is for some movie maker to get all nostalgic about growing up in the 90s and BAM! Darkhawk in the movies. I'm betting if Falcon is super popular in the Captain America movie it's only a matter of time before DH gets some cinematic love.

Just snagged another number 1 9.8 on ebay. Still no newsprint or 9.9s though. This character has some major upside potential. All that needs to happen is for some movie maker to get all nostalgic about growing up in the 90s and BAM! Darkhawk in the movies. I'm betting if Falcon is super popular in the Captain America movie it's only a matter of time before DH gets some cinematic love.

Hope you enjoy it :shy:

I have also been looking for a 9.8 newsstand version for a while, got some raw's but not even close to what was promised on ebay, but I believe I do have one direct version that I would be shocked if it didn't come back higher then 9.8 :wishluck:

A Darkhawk movie would be cool, but I would be the first to admit he has a lame origin, always hated it, just make him a cyborg or something and tie it in to the Guardians movie