• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official Darkhawk Appreciation Thread
3 3

689 posts in this topic

Wife bought me this shirt for my birthday a while ago...

IMG_6201_zpsesyyn1sc.jpg

Is that the one on Redbubble?

I'm not sure where she got it, though I assume online somewhere

we haven't added to this thread in a while.  Prices for #1 CGC 9.8 have risen a bit lately, which I had hoped would encourage more people to put other 9.8's on the market, so I could get some of the ones I'm missing, including newsstand issues (which are generally tough, as Darkhawk paper generally sucks).  I actually made an offer on this one a few years ago, but was rebuffed, and I thought I'd get another shot at some point.  But there just aren't many newssie #1's out there in CGC 9.8.  This is only the second one I've seen in my life.

Soooo..... I overpaid for this one (but not egregiously so), especially given the PQ (which I generally don't care about anyways).  But I'm happy to add it to my Darkhawk CGC collection.  And now I can finally start my CGC 9.8 Darkhawk Newsstand registry (of which I would have just two issues).

s-l1600_zpstgjerkhh.jpg

PS. If you've got other CGC 9.8 newsstand Darkhawks to sell, I'll overpay you for them. 

I want to appreciate this thread, because without it, my Darkhawk #1 was in a pile of, 'stuff I'll turn into art' along with luminaries such as Black Axe #1 (I have 2!) and FoolKiller #1.  So thanks.  There's at least a chance I'll send it in for grading.

Does anyone know if there were Australian editions for any darkhawk comics? It seems like there are AU ASM for the same period.

7 hours ago, peakoilhater said:

That copy of DH 50 looks a little beat.  I have a perfect raw or I found a few months ago for a buck.

Yes, but its condition will make it an ideal reading copy if I ever find a better one in the wild. 

All the pics disappeared that were on photobucket, so I thought I'd repost my full set of Mexican Darkhawks.

DHS1_zps4gc4bnul.jpg

DHS2_zpseduammrp.jpg

I was set to get submit, but then this became available... another one off my registry!

IMG_8476.jpg

IMG_8874.jpg

BOOM! Still the CHAMP!! But my pace of adding has slowed... though I just got the one above and submitted another one.

On ‎11‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 6:15 AM, DougC said:

New DH one shot from the Legacy line

image.png.166e909d5cba9fa54c0325f4a50b48c7.png

I read it.  Its' aight.  I wouldn't mind if it led into a series or what not, but I don't mind that it doesn't.

have you guys picked this up yet?

IMG_9466.jpg