• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official Darkhawk Appreciation Thread
3 3

689 posts in this topic

IMG_6473_zpsqwlkepbk.jpg

IMG_6474_zps3ief5zfj.jpg

boom!

Awesome! I remember those books well. How many more until your set is complete?

maybe 1/3 left for blues

pretty slow on the yellows.

10-16_zpsdom2keot.jpg

Finally, after a couple years of looking I found a worthy copy

10-16%202_zpse4cp27vd.jpg

Another difficult book to find. I might be willing to part with this one.... For an unreasonable price

Wowsers!

You are truly the master of Dh 5 2nd

http://www.ebay.com/itm/361774755041?_trksid=p2055359.m1431.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

a little love on the DH Venom.

*NOTE not my auction.

not a bad final price for an auction.

does anyone know if there's a newsstand version of Marvel Age 97? There are newsstands in the 80's, there are newsstands in the 100's, but there don't seem to be any in the 90's from what I've seen? Does anyone else have any info?

Did that come in decent shape. I've been looking for one. In fact I never even saw that one up for sale otherwise I would have bought it. There was an auction for one a few months ago but I was out and didn't make my maximum bid high enough. There is one on ebay but it is $115 which is too high for the condition it is in from mycomicshop.

Out of curiosity where did these second prints come from?

Did that come in decent shape. I've been looking for one. In fact I never even saw that one up for sale otherwise I would have bought it. There was an auction for one a few months ago but I was out and didn't make my maximum bid high enough. There is one on ebay but it is $115 which is too high for the condition it is in from mycomicshop.

Out of curiosity where did these second prints come from?

They were reprints that came as part of comic packs from the JCPenney Christmas catalogs in the early 1990s.

Here is a link that will provide more information -

http://heroesgalaxy.com/variants/marvel-vintage-pack/

I've been out of collecting for over a year. What is new in the world of Darkhawk? Has he been in any comics? Do we a Darkhawk movie to look forward to after Marvel releases the stand alone Wrecking Crew movie?

Sweet #5, Carl.

Welcome back Boboset! It's nice to have another DH fan around.

Nothing new with DH. The only Hollywood hopes I have for him is the rumours of the New Warriors TV show. It's supposed to be a comedy with Squirrel Girl as the main character, but I'm hoping DH has a chance to star in it too.

http://www.slashfilm.com/new-warriors-tv-series-squirrel-girl/

Nothing new with DH. The only Hollywood hopes I have for him is the rumours of the New Warriors TV show. It's supposed to be a comedy with Squirrel Girl as the main character, but I'm hoping DH has a chance to star in it too.

Thanks man! Hope you've been well.

Cool bit of info on the New Warriors show. That would be nice. I would love a revival in some form, preferably a new ongoing. We will see.

I have noticed that cheap HG copies of #1 are becoming much, much harder to find in quantity.

Thanks man! Hope you've been well.

Cool bit of info on the New Warriors show. That would be nice. I would love a revival in some form, preferably a new ongoing. We will see.

I have noticed that cheap HG copies of #1 are becoming much, much harder to find in quantity.

#1 Newsstand versions are still impossible to find in high grade. I thought I had a couple regular 9.9's, and submitted them with 2 cracked out 9.8's for SS. The 9.8's both came back 9.6, the higher grade ones came 9.8's. It broke my heart. Those 2 copies were the only ones I've ever seen without the spine tick on the spine next to the thugs hair.

Couple of other things that you could have missed this past year:

Marvel Age #97 has finally seen a couple 9.8's on the census.

Some jerk has a hoard of high grade #5 second prints. :whistle:

Wife bought me this shirt for my birthday a while ago...

IMG_6201_zpsesyyn1sc.jpg