The Official Darkhawk Appreciation Thread
3 3

584 posts in this topic

19,894 posts
On 12/22/2017 at 7:00 PM, Wolverinex said:

How rare are Darkhawk 1 newstands?

Wide ballpark guess? 15-30% of the direct run

 

rarer in Cgc 9.8 relatively. I’ve seen 3, and I look pretty hard

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19,894 posts

Mail call.  Thanks to Dscott for facilitating.

IMG_9810.jpg

IMG_9809.jpg

 

IMG_9808.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
628 posts

Finally got around to reading  DH #51......that new suit is fugly. Never been a fan of his his square shoulder pads, but these look ridiculous. 

Screenshot_20180127-041825.png

Edited by 1dingo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
628 posts

Revat, your DH #21 reminded me i had this done a while back and dont think i ever posted it. If i go to ECCC this year I'll have someone color it. 

20180130_192133.jpg

Edited by 1dingo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19,894 posts
13 hours ago, 1dingo said:

Finally got around to reading  DH #51......that new suit is fugly. Never been a fan of his his square shoulder pads, but these look ridiculous. 

Screenshot_20180127-041825.png

not a bad issue, but yah I'm not a fan of the shoulder pads,.  But I do like the pink tron costume liners.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19,894 posts
12 minutes ago, FoggyNelson said:

I think I have a few Darkhawk number one in 9.8 ???

Do or do not. There is no ‘try’ or ‘think’ or value in slabbing 9.6’s.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19,894 posts

I finally bit the bullet from the 'bay.  I had a CGC SS 9.4 in the registry slot before, but I think it's time to move up and get serious.

 

IMG_9977.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11,937 posts
2 hours ago, revat said:

I finally bit the bullet from the 'bay.  I had a CGC SS 9.4 in the registry slot before, but I think it's time to move up and get serious.

 

 

my used book store by my house has a lot of miscellaneous stuff.... #1 issue of The Shroud, NightWatch, Bloodshot, Turok.....then it had a "VG" issue of Darkhawk #1 and I thought about you :) so I looked and they have more DarkHawk's; I didn't check condition or know if there were any issues that you needed but I'm sure that you have it well in hand.

If there are issues toward the end of the run, I could check to see if they have those for you, just because I'd imagine those are harder to come by....:foryou:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,444 posts
2 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

my used book store by my house has a lot of miscellaneous stuff.... #1 issue of The Shroud, NightWatch, Bloodshot, Turok.....then it had a "VG" issue of Darkhawk #1 and I thought about you :) so I looked and they have more DarkHawk's; I didn't check condition or know if there were any issues that you needed but I'm sure that you have it well in hand.

If there are issues toward the end of the run, I could check to see if they have those for you, just because I'd imagine those are harder to come by....:foryou:

I'm still trying to find Darkhawk #49 in the wild :wishluck:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19,894 posts

IMG_0131.jpg

I've been meaning to get these Italians for a while, finally got'em.  The #1 is pretty low grade, but the Venom one is still in its original wrapping and in very high grade.  I might try to have it graded (or signed and graded) if CGC will slab it (its a thin TPB like the Killing Joke), so they probably will.

I have the whole Darkhawk Spanish run already, but there's like a special #1 Spanish I don't have yet.

 

Has anyone else discovered any other foreign language issues? or international editions?

IMG_0131.JPG

Edited by revat

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19,894 posts

I can't see my picture, I used Post image?  Anyone else have problems with that? 

 I just attached the pic directly, but I prefer using post image

Edited by revat

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19,894 posts

I think this is the last CGC 9.8 that exists that I didn't yet have a copy of...

DH_25_front.jpg

If you guys slab more, I'll buy more.  Do it. Do it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40,379 posts

:applause:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
3 3