• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official Darkhawk Appreciation Thread
3 3

689 posts in this topic

are any of the Darkhawk series issues worth any $$? Just the Venom ones?

The last books in the series are worth a little. #50 seems hard to find in good condition.

#50 is relatively tough to find in 9.4-9.8. Much like #1 it has an unforgiving cover. However, there are many less copies of #50. I've had a handful of raw copies and the best one I've found is a 9.6.

#49 is tough too.

Appears I have some competition on the 9.8 1 for sale right now. Anyone here? I could stop bidding if I'm up against a boardie?

I need another #1 but now that I see the 30ish 9.8s coming in the future maybe we can get a bundle discount

Nowhere near 30. :gossip::sorry: 20ish 9.6s maybe lol

The cb spine tic in the dude's hair is very prevalent in many of the copies I've seen and in the stash I have.

Edited by awakeintheashes

Just picked up my first Darkhawk 1 at a Con yesterday for $2.

The dealer and I were both asking what the heck is going on with this book on eBay? Neither of us knew, but I figured I'd be kicking myself if I didn't pick up a copy.

Who knows, maybe Darkhawk's the next Deadpool or Wolverine?

Just picked up my first Darkhawk 1 at a Con yesterday for $2.

The dealer and I were both asking what the heck is going on with this book on eBay? Neither of us knew, but I figured I'd be kicking myself if I didn't pick up a copy.

Who knows, maybe Darkhawk's the next Deadpool or Wolverine?

:applause:

You never know but he does have a fan following! (thumbs u

A stint as a herald for Galactus would be epic

Oh hell yeah! :headbang:

Yeah, he never really did have a good arch nemesis. He just sort of boobed from one villain to another in the Marvel Universe.

+1

Just found this Thread, so I apologize for kick starting it, but Yes Galactus would be bad@$$! It would also be cool if there could be a tie in with the Fraternity of Raptors.

I myself am a huge Darkhawk fan and have been ever since I picked up my first copy of Darkhawk #1 and collected/read all the way to the end.

I'd agree after #25 the story pretty much lost it's fizz and it was very hard to finish the series when I was a kid but I did. I ended up recently reading 1-50 in digital format again during Business trips and found it much worse than I remembered (After issue 25 of course).

In my collection I have two Darkhawk #1 CGC 9.8 and a Darkhawk #2 CGC 9.8

A stint as a herald for Galactus would be epic

Oh hell yeah! :headbang:

Yeah, he never really did have a good arch nemesis. He just sort of boobed from one villain to another in the Marvel Universe.

+1

Just found this Thread, so I apologize for kick starting it, but Yes Galactus would be bad@$$! It would also be cool if there could be a tie in with the Fraternity of Raptors.

I myself am a huge Darkhawk fan and have been ever since I picked up my first copy of Darkhawk #1 and collected/read all the way to the end.

I'd agree after #25 the story pretty much lost it's fizz and it was very hard to finish the series when I was a kid but I did. I ended up recently reading 1-50 in digital format again during Business trips and found it much worse than I remembered (After issue 25 of course).

In my collection I have two Darkhawk #1 CGC 9.8 and a Darkhawk #2 CGC 9.8

Welcome to the thread. :)

It makes me happy seeing another Darkhawk fan/collector on the boards.

Let me get this right, you read the whole series not once, but twice!?! :o(worship)

As much as I love the character I just could not get through the later issues, right around the time you mentioned the quality perceptibly dropped actually. Hope to see you posting in this thread in the future.

-Ryan