• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official Darkhawk Appreciation Thread
3 3

689 posts in this topic

I get goosebumps thinking about Thanos ripping it from his chest.

Oh that is awesome.

I've also nabbed quite a few newstand copies and I haven't been able to find a 9.8 yet. It's a relatively tough direct 9.8 find raw, newstand has been brutal. I have a 9.6 raw and I've basically given up hope on finding a 9.8.

Here's probably the toughest Darkhawk comic to find in HG. The JC Penney reprint of Darkhawk #5. The JC Penney second printing has a 30th anniversary Amazing Spider-Man logo in place of the direct Captain America logo or the regular news stand logo. It also has 'second printing' located on the 1st interior page like other Marvel 2nd prints of the time.

I just found a copy and I thought this would be the perfect place to share.

darkhawk5JC_zpsf1a47897.jpg

Here's probably the toughest Darkhawk comic to find in HG. The JC Penney reprint of Darkhawk #5. The JC Penney second printing has a 30th anniversary Amazing Spider-Man logo in place of the direct Captain America logo or the regular news stand logo. It also has 'second printing' located on the 1st interior page like other Marvel 2nd prints of the time.

I had a few of these from identical Christmas gifts back in the day. I think it was included in a Goodwill or Books for America drop off :sorry:

:o

I HAVE to own this! :ohnoez:

I see what OS says, but is Marvel Age 97 the first Darkhawk? His is on the cover, and there is a 5 page preview.

(shrug)

It's debatable. Marvel Age 97 was indeed released before Darkhawk #1. The question is whether or not a preview/solicitation can be considered a true first appearance. I don't think it can, but it's a cool comic in it's own right.

Here's a link to the Malibe Sun #13 Spawn 1st appearance thread. In addition to Malibu Sun, an issue of Previews predating Spawn #1 has also been discussed. It's a very similar situation.

On a different note, feel free to share with us Darkhawk addicts any information you have about the Darkhawk #5 JC Penney second printing.

On a different note, feel free to share with us Darkhawk addicts any information you have about the Darkhawk #5 JC Penney second printing.

So, I have looked at the issues in that years set, and cannot figure out any rhyme or reason as to why certain books were selected to be reprinted. It may have been something as simple of someone picking out cool covers from that year.

I do know it was one of the toughest of the books for me to find.

and, I found this Marvel Age book in a box I was going through, and thought I found something cool... and I don't think it is in my old copy of OS....