• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official Darkhawk Appreciation Thread
3 3

689 posts in this topic

BIN at $100 is reasonable to me as that book was kind of tough to find without spine ticks as those Marvel's were thin and prone to that kind of damage. I've gone through stacks before that were seemingly unshelved looking, and still couldn't produce a single 9.8 out of the bunch.

Add me to the club. Bought these the day they came out. I collected all 50 issues but sadly sold it as a lot on eBay years ago when I was attempting to scale down my collection. :(

Luckily, this thread exists (where you can make such confessions . . . ) :grin:

just got mine

IMG_24221_zps7d970481.jpg

I have been seeing Darkhawk all over the boards/net lately? Is it a good series? I was heavily collecting when it came out but passed it up at the time....kicking myself wishing I had given it a try. I like that Tombstone cover in the post above.

I will have to try this series out sometime when I get a chance.......

I got these back.

Darkhawk25_zps9ff85daa.jpg

Darkhawk11_zps32f96c0a.jpg

does anyone else get the feeling that the DH 25 might have a good chance at a 9.9 or 10? In general I mean, I don't have enough information about this one specifically. It seems relatively easy to keep things sharp on the thicker stock.

I got these back.

Darkhawk25_zps9ff85daa.jpg

Darkhawk11_zps32f96c0a.jpg

does anyone else get the feeling that the DH 25 might have a good chance at a 9.9 or 10? In general I mean, I don't have enough information about this one specifically. It seems relatively easy to keep things sharp on the thicker stock.

I don't know, i had the only two submitted, and they were pre screen for 9.8.

I have been seeing Darkhawk all over the boards/net lately? Is it a good series? I was heavily collecting when it came out but passed it up at the time....kicking myself wishing I had given it a try. I like that Tombstone cover in the post above.

I will have to try this series out sometime when I get a chance.......

I thought it was a good series but the last time I read it cover to cover, issue to issue was when I was 14. I remember finding issue #5 amazing (gold Darkhawk) and the rewrite of where that armor comes from is just brilliant.

It was apparently a Spiderman type storyline for the 90's. The kid uses the Darkhawk's power because he wants to be responsible and make a difference like his father who was a Police Officer before his mysterious disappearance.

It's a great nostalgia series so your mileage may vary. The character has really been expanded upon and flesh out to be pretty damn cool since 2008 in a lot of Marvel's space event storylines.

Edited by whetteon

I *heart* Darkhawk. But then it got confusing later on in the series...from what I remember as a kid. that's when I dropped it. Maybe that was Moon Knight? I dunno, it was 30 years ago.

New Warriors rule!

I *heart* Darkhawk. But then it got confusing later on in the series...from what I remember as a kid. that's when I dropped it. Maybe that was Moon Knight? I dunno, it was 30 years ago.

New Warriors rule!

Indeed they do buddy, indeed they do.

:roflmao:

Here's probably the toughest Darkhawk comic to find in HG. The JC Penney reprint of Darkhawk #5. The JC Penney second printing has a 30th anniversary Amazing Spider-Man logo in place of the direct Captain America logo or the regular news stand logo. It also has 'second printing' located on the 1st interior page like other Marvel 2nd prints of the time.

I just found a copy and I thought this would be the perfect place to share.

darkhawk5JC_zpsf1a47897.jpg

:o

I HAVE to own this! :ohnoez:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/351024728437?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Someone is selling a copy for a few dollars. Seller probably doesn't know it's worth millions

I finally found one myself that should be 9.6-9.8 :headbang:

Here's probably the toughest Darkhawk comic to find in HG. The JC Penney reprint of Darkhawk #5. The JC Penney second printing has a 30th anniversary Amazing Spider-Man logo in place of the direct Captain America logo or the regular news stand logo. It also has 'second printing' located on the 1st interior page like other Marvel 2nd prints of the time.

I just found a copy and I thought this would be the perfect place to share.

darkhawk5JC_zpsf1a47897.jpg

:o

I HAVE to own this! :ohnoez:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/351024728437?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Someone is selling a copy for a few dollars. Seller probably doesn't know it's worth millions

I finally found one myself that should be 9.6-9.8 :headbang:

:luhv: