• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Best auction site to sell OA - Heritage, ComicLink or ComicConnect

80 posts in this topic

With all sorts of artwork selling on various sites has anyone been tracking the sales of OA on these sites in relation to who obtains the best prices, Or does anyone have their own personal experiences on selling on any of these sites. Thanks.

Seems like HA.com may get you the higher hammer price perhaps due to their time payment plan for higher end OA. ComicLink seems to net you more $ for middle of the road or non-cover, non-splash OA but keep in mind no time payments. I have not tracked cConnect OA.

Seems like HA.com may get you the higher hammer price perhaps due to their time payment plan for higher end OA. ComicLink seems to net you more $ for middle of the road or non-cover, non-splash OA but keep in mind no time payments. I have not tracked cConnect OA.

ComicLink does take credit card as payment though.

I wasn't aware of time payments for HA. Where is that detailed? I don't see anything on their site detailing payment terms for art. Plenty about how to consign but very little about how to buy.

Does anybody have a pointer or a link with details?

I have consigned comics to all 3. I feel that I netted more with ComicLink and CC even though I only paid 10% seller's commission on Heritage due to having a coupon with them. If you don't get any break on commissions, I think it would be tough to net more on Heritage unless it's an absolute A+ item that can take advantage of their superior marketing.

I have consigned comics to all 3. I feel that I netted more with ComicLink and CC even though I only paid 10% seller's commission on Heritage due to having a coupon with them. If you don't get any break on commissions, I think it would be tough to net more on Heritage unless it's an absolute A+ item that can take advantage of their superior marketing.

What sorts of items would you class as A+ items?

:facepalm:

:facepalm::facepalm:

If you have to ask...

Malvin

You say that but i use to have an early fabulous early BWS Conan splash and from the comments i got it was regarded as a B+ item.

If you have to ask...

Malvin

You say that but i use to have an early fabulous early BWS Conan splash and from the comments i got it was regarded as a B+ item.

Heh, it was partially in jest and I didn't mean to be rude. There is definitely subjectivity with what A+ is, I would consider a BWS Conan Splash A+, but I wouldn't be surprised if others don't.

Malvin

If you have to ask...

Malvin

Heh, it was partially in jest and I didn't mean to be rude. There is definitely subjectivity with what A+ is, I would consider a BWS Conan Splash A+, but I wouldn't be surprised if others don't.

Malvin

A+ is in the eye of the bidder......

If you ask a lot of people on this board, anything that you would expect hammer for less than 20k is a B+ on a good day....

For my 2c

This is the way I look at it...

Depending on the value of what's selling I think these are the best venues:

Ebay for 1k (maybe even up to 2k these days) and under pages

Clink for 1k-7k pages

HA for 5k+ pages

I do. But if you are the same Justin Case that I interacted with through Kickstarter, I know better. hm

No thats not me im from Buffalo

Oh. okay. Nice to meet you Buffalo Justin.

I agree with the post above for the most part, although I have abandoned ebay and sent a bunch of inexpensive art to comiclink. Most will be in the september auction and a few pieces in august. Heritage would have been worth it for a reduced fee, but I only had about $10K worth of stuff I would consider for sale and that would still be 20% at heritage. Comiclink has been painless so far, but the auctions have yet tooccur.

One man's trash ...

As toA+ items in this context, I'm thinking that this refers to items that would sell more than some amount, e.g., $10K, rather than the artistic qualify of the item itself.

BTW, I think that Heritage does a pretty darned good job getting the best price for anything they offer, but it will cost you 20% to get there. I can only provide one example from personal experience.

I bought the front cover of a Santa and Rudolph Treasury by Sheldon Mayer on Heritage for $2K+. Not terribly long after, I found the back cover on eBay for $800.

Your mileage may vary, but it's a data point. Feel free to click the image to read the description and see both the OA and published cover. It's interesting to read.

Front:

SantaAndRudolphC53FrontCoverBySheldonMayer.jpg

Back:

SantaAndRudolphC53BackCoverBySheldonMayer.jpg