• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dr. Strange roger stern and frank miller

11 posts in this topic

i was reading x-men 142 days of future past part deux today, and in the book was a full page ad for doctor strange by roger stern and frank miller in 60 days! WTF are they talking about? does anybody know? i know that Dr. Strange #46 is a miller cover, is that what they're talking about?

thanks in advance,

pimpy

Miller pretty much decided that he didn't have time to do the series and Marshall Rogers stepped in and did some amazing artwork for Dr.Strange.

Then shortly after he left Paul Smith came on board (all still written by Stern) and did an incredible arc where Doc and Clea go back to the Dark Dimension to dethrone Dormammu.

Fantastic stuff - best since Ditko left.

Absolutely one of the best runs of Doc Strange.

You sound like a Strangeite! grin.gif

Doc Strange, when I was collecting SA/BA, was always a tremendous favorite. I haven't read one in 15 or more years. A couple of questions:

1) Has his origin been fiddled with? I recall he was a brilliant surgeon who got into an auto accident due to his reckless and high-living ways and suffered nerve damage that prevented hiom from operating, ended up in a Tibetan (?) monsetary, saved the Master and ultimatley got the skills to be Doctor Strange? (kind of a Shadow re-do?) (also, are my memories correct?)

2) If one were to re-seek Doc Strange, what would you recommend, keeping in mind my memories come from the Strange Tales and original BA Doc Strange stories.

1) & 2). Would recommend that u pick up the Dr Strange Classics 1-4? baxter paper reprints of Ditko's fine work from Strange Tales. Think 1 of them had a J Byrne cover done as a tribute to Ditko. U can usually find them in the bargain bin.

Would recommend that u pick up the Dr Strange Classics 1-4? baxter paper reprints of Ditko's fine work from Strange Tales.

Sweet! So you recommend the Strange Tales issues? I think what I shall do is just seek out low grade (Gd) copies of the originals. Should be easy to come by. nd I can sniff the books too! grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

But seriously - I appreciate your recommendation - was kind of hoping my old memories of the Doc were good ones. You have reinforced that.

I'm selling off a run of Strange Tales 141-150 that I just picked up. You can have the ones that DON'T sell for $5 for $2 each, plus shipping. Mid grade, nothing high or low. Just check my auctions (dcusimano@usa.net) and let me know.