• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Re: CGC Case Indentations....

49 posts in this topic

That's interesting that they are trying to correct it

I called and asked about it ont last submission and they said it was normal and won't hurt the comic.

Now I'm not so sure I believe that. Based on that indent Beyonder, did it seem like it impacted the comic at all?

Every new slab I have gotten over the past couple months have had this indentation on the back, so if there is a problem with the inner slab damaging the book. cgc is going to have a HUGE problem, as im going to say 90%+ of the new slabs look like this

That's interesting that they are trying to correct it

I called and asked about it ont last submission and they said it was normal and won't hurt the comic.

Now I'm not so sure I believe that. Based on that indent Beyonder, did it seem like it impacted the comic at all?

I think there are two issues here: whether it will hurt the comic and whether it will affect resale value of the book. I guess I'm willing to accept CGC's word that the comic won't be hurt by the indent. But I think anyone reselling a book with this indent is likely to face some static from the buyer.

In any event it's clearly a QC problem. However they used to seal the inner wells, this didn't used to happen. However they do it now, it is happening. Is there something stopping them from reverting to their previous processes? It would be nice to have them address the issue beyond stating that it won't hurt the book.

inner_well_zpse84e6ecb.jpg

Might be worth a shot for someone to send this image to some outside expert in ultrasonic welding technology and polyester films.

Odds are equipment and film suppliers may have encountered that problem at some point and know exactly what causes it. Odds are even higher that it's not "normal" in markets beyond encapsulating funny books.

Couldn't hurt to ask.

Wow. Came back to read this thread and... crickets.

Not sure if it's a reflection of how little consumers care, or just a reflection of how much the board has changed lately. Threads about modspank and butthurt rocket to 3000 views, while interesting customer product info gets 300 hits. Maybe overall quality is a non-issue. Or maybe the board has devolved into a Twitter-lite snarkfest. Hard to tell which, but either way it's somewhat surprising compared to how informative this board used to be.

Wow. Came back to read this thread and... crickets.

Not sure if it's a reflection of how little consumers care, or just a reflection of how much the board has changed lately. Threads about modspank and butthurt rocket to 3000 views, while interesting customer product info gets 300 hits. Maybe overall quality is a non-issue. Or maybe the board has devolved into a Twitter-lite snarkfest. Hard to tell which, but either way it's somewhat surprising compared to how informative this board used to be.

I agree...CG is more interested in MOD discussions than comics and CGC QC. doh!

I'm concerned about the books I have with this problem and I would like CGC to correct them. I'm going to go through my books tonight and see how many have this. I might see if they would be willing to reslab them but I doubt they will based on my last inquiry about this issue. They said it was ok and wouldn't hurt the book...

It's a defect in the encapsulation process and should be reholdered for free, including shipping both ways.

I do agree 100%. Has there been any precedence that they have done this before for anyone?

It's a defect in the encapsulation process and should be reholdered for free, including shipping both ways.

I do agree 100%. Has there been any precedence that they have done this before for anyone?

I don't know, but what do you think would happen if Tom Brulato or Doug Schmell had this problem with their newest top census copy that was for sale?

I don't know, but what do you think would happen if Tom Brulato or Doug Schmell had this problem with their newest top census copy that was for sale?

I think they would get it done the same day.

I'm calling them on Monday....and perhaps if everyone else who has this issue calls...they will do something to fix it soon.

I'm concerned about the books I have with this problem and I would like CGC to correct them. I'm going to go through my books tonight and see how many have this. I might see if they would be willing to reslab them but I doubt they will based on my last inquiry about this issue. They said it was ok and wouldn't hurt the book...

Do you have slabs with the same amount of indentation though? I have a lot with the rainbow mark, but I don't think that is the same thing.

They used to not be like this, now they are.

What changed that caused this to happen?

Based on the responses from The CGC reported by others, they don't seem to care much about the books what have the problem, nor about fixing it so it doesn't happen in the future.