• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Label updates?
1 1

94 posts in this topic

I have a couple of books I would like to re-submit for new holders but I would only do it if the label information is updated.

The first is DC's New York World's Fair 1940. This is an historic issue because it is the first time that Batman, Robin, and Superman appear on a cover together. This information is in Overstreet. Yet the current CGC label makes no mention of it. This information needs to be updated on the label.

Secondly, I have a Sensation Comics #15. It is in one of the original CGC holders and so there isn't much information on the label. I would like to have it put in a new holder but I would like to know if the current label would include "Classic War Cover" similar to an Action #63 that I have in my collection? It certainly should be if it isn't.

Thanks

I would like to request a label update for Image Comics Invincible by Robert Kirkman

Invincible 16 (First Appearance Angstrom Levy)

Invincible 113 (First Appearance Terra)- Mark and Eve's Daughter

Invincible 127 (First Cameo Appearance of Ursaal and Onnan)

Invincible 128 (First Full Appearance Ursaal)

Invincible 129 (First Appearance Marky)

Hello!

I was at the Denver Comic Con 2017 and had the great pleasure of meeting artist Victor "Vic" Carrabotta! He is incredibly sharp and remembers every piece of art he did in the books that were presented to him for a signature. I had a Journey into Unknown Worlds #47 signed by him and he went right to his complete story and told me, " This was the FIRST robocop story ever, before that new robocop stuff!" And sure enough the second panel depicts an steel/iron robot police thing! It was great talking with him. 

The question I have is that the current label for this book does not list him as an artist, so I would ask CGC to update the label to include Vic Carrabotta as artist. Thanks for the time!

Troy

I have a question about Static comic the Collector's Edition IS the poly-bag edition, .. the 'regular' edition never had a poly bag.. so am i missing something? or has someone just entered the wrong notes on something and its just stuck?

Capture.GIF

Hello CGC

can you please update this CGC labels: 

All Picture Adventure #1 1952 this St John book has a Matt Baker-cover and art by Matt Baker. This 100pg book has Fightin Marines theme from the Fightin Marines books St John was doing in that period. Books FM#15(1) to #12 all with Matt Baker-covers n art.

Fightin Marines #10 1952 Matt Baker-cover/art and interior Canteen Kate-story.

thank you

Will

On 1/20/2018 at 10:08 PM, oakman29 said:

Can we please stop all the nonsense, and proclaim Hulk 180 Wolverines actual 1st appearance.

It's listed on the label as what it is...his first appearance in cameo (shrug)

For Amazing Spiderman Annual #1, it currently says 1st Appearance of the Sinister Six, and then lists of two or three lines of pinups. What about instead of the pinups, this info was listed:

4th Doctor Octopus, 3rd Vulture, 2nd Sandman, 2nd Electro, 2nd Kraven, 2nd Mysterio

I've seen references to a characters 2nd and 3rd appearances many times on other early silver age books. 

On 1/29/2018 at 12:07 PM, sirwesker said:

For Amazing Spiderman Annual #1, it currently says 1st Appearance of the Sinister Six, and then lists of two or three lines of pinups. What about instead of the pinups, this info was listed:

4th Doctor Octopus, 3rd Vulture, 2nd Sandman, 2nd Electro, 2nd Kraven, 2nd Mysterio

I've seen references to a characters 2nd and 3rd appearances many times on other early silver age books. 

also it has a pinup of the green goblin so technically it is the "second cameo appearance" of the Green Goblin... also it is Electro's 3rd app. since his second is in DareDevil 2 and it is the Sandman's 3rd app. since he appearance in strange tales 115, but i agree that Spidey annual 1 has a lot of things going for it, it does feature early appearances of almost all of Spidey's greatest villains, great pin ups and artwork by Steve Ditko, some great cameo appearances of the FF, X-men and doctor strange, ext. but is also the first sinister six, great book and very underrated, also a "classic" spidey cover 

Edited by Aliens

On 1/20/2018 at 11:08 PM, oakman29 said:

Can we please stop all the nonsense, and proclaim Hulk 180 Wolverines actual 1st appearance.

appearing as a cameo on the last panel does not make it his first appearance, it is like saying that Detective comics 39 is Mud faces first appearance because he appears on the last panel, or Batman's first appearance should not be Tec 27 and rather the last panel in Action comics 12... It just is not. respect the fact that CGC even respects 180 enough to say first cameo appearance, Hulk 181 is Wolverines first appearance, and in case you were wandering that i am just saying this because i want to keep Hulk 181 his first, this is being said from someone who does not care for wolverine, he's just not for me and because of that i don't want a copy of either 180 or 181 in my collection, but everyone has their own opinions so i will leave it to CGC to decide. 

7 minutes ago, Aliens said:

appearing as a cameo on the last panel does not make it his first appearance, it is like saying that Detective comics 39 is Mud faces first appearance because he appears on the last panel, or Batman's first appearance should not be Tec 27 and rather the last panel in Action comics 12... It just is not. respect the fact that CGC even respects 180 enough to say first cameo appearance, Hulk 181 is Wolverines first appearance, and in case you were wandering that i am just saying this because i want to keep Hulk 181 his first, this is being said from someone who does not care for wolverine, he's just not for me and because of that i don't want a copy of either 180 or 181 in my collection, but everyone has their own opinions so i will leave it to CGC to decide. 

Did Wolverine have a body shot( not like a shadow or a piece of claw)?

Was he named?

Then I rest my case.

13 minutes ago, oakman29 said:

Did Wolverine have a body shot( not like a shadow or a piece of claw)?

Was he named?

Then I rest my case.

i see what you mean and i respect it... but it is one panel so it is considered a cameo

label updates - if we can get these, I will submit tons of books!

Eternals Volume 1 (1977 series)

Issue Key issue notes  
Eternals #1 Eternals: 1st Ikaris  
  Deviants: 1st Kro, Tode  

Eternals #2 1st Ajak  

Celestials: 1st Arishem the Judge (in cameo on last page)

Eternals #3 1st Sersi, Ikaris in costume  

1st full Arishem the Judge (2 page splash & 1 more panel)

Eternals #5 1st Makkari, Thena, Zuras, Domo  

Eternals #7
1st Jemiah the Analyzer, Tefral the Surveyor

1st in cameo: Eson the Searcher, Hargen the Measurer, Nezarr the Calculator (all in cameo on one panel in middle of story)  
  1st full Gammenon The Gather (ONLY appears in 1 tiny panel in #6)  

Eternals #8 1st Ransak the Reject  

1st in cameo: Karkas (in cameo on last page)

Eternals #9 1st Sprite  
  1st full Karkas, Eson the Searcher  
   1st in cameo: Oneg the Prober (in cameo on one panel in middle of story)  

Eternals #11 1st Kingo Sunen, Druig, Valkin  

1st full Nezarr the Calculator

Eternals #13

Eternals: 1st Gilgamesh (The Forgotten One)

Eternals #18 Celestials: 1st Ziran the Tester  
Edited by 1p36DSA

Hi,

I'd like to requests a few label updates for Runaways from Marvel. With the popularity of the HULU series, I think it's a good time to update the labels for these key issues:

Runaways #13 (05/04) 1st Appearance of the Gibborim 

Runaways #17 (10/04) "Death" of Alex Wilder

Runaways #1 (04/05) 1st Appearance of Victor Mancha

Runaways #5 (08/05) Ultron revealed as the father of Victor Mancha

Runaways #7 (10/05) 1st Appearance of Xavin

Runaways #27 (08/07) 1st Appearance of Klara Prast

Runaways #11 (08/09) "Death" of Old Lace; 1st Appearance of Hunter Stein

Thanks!

Dear CGC,

If you could be so kind as to update the Label notes on Phantom Lady #13 (Fox Feature Syndicate 1947) to reflect that it's a Matt Baker cover, I'd appreciate it.

This is a Matt Baker cover according to 3 sources.

1. Overstreet Price guide 48th edidtion pg. 890

2. Grand Comics Database: https://www.comics.org/issue/6078/

3. Matter Bakers 2014 autobiography attributes it to him on pg. 82 according to renowned art historian Jim Vadeboncouer Jr.

Hope these 3 sources suffice.

Again:

Phantom Lady 13 - Matt Baker Cover

Thanks for reading.

Hi CGC,

I would like to request a label be updated with the following:

Uncanny X-Men Vol 1 #194, June, 1985:  1st Appearance of Fendis Twins (Strucker Twins: Andreas von Strucker and Andrea von Strucker)

Here is the supportive info:

http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Uncanny_X-Men_Vol_1_194

The characters have been become more mainstream and known since their appearance on the TV Fox show "The Gifted"