• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Label updates?
1 1

94 posts in this topic

Hello CGC can you please update this labels. thank you

Midget Comics #1 Fighting Indian Stories- Matt Baker-cover

Captain Easy #12 Roy Crane-artCharacters: Captain Easy; Wash Tubbs (Washington Tubbs)

Unusual Tales #19 Matt Baker-cover and artPencils: Matt Baker- Inks: Vince Colletta -Letters: typeset; Jon D'Agostino. Cover is taken from the splash to "The Blotting Threat"

1 hour ago, Keys_Collector said:

Is CGC actually acknowledging and following through based on these posts?  Send a note with the books to be graded with these specific requests and CGC should be looking into it at that time.

I'm interested as well. There are a few labels that I'd like to recommend making changes on but don't want to waste the time typing the reasoning out if this is a black hole. 

2 hours ago, AGGIEZ said:

I'm interested as well. There are a few labels that I'd like to recommend making changes on but don't want to waste the time typing the reasoning out if this is a black hole. 

I've asked CGC not about this thread but about what to do when a label should be updated.  The representative said specially what I mentioned above: place a note with the book on what should be on the label.

I'd like to requests a few label updates:

• Hellboy: Seed of Destruction #2 - Origin and 1st full appearance of Abe Sapien

44894552024_6e399c9e64_m.jpg43801441830_219a71bff4_m.jpg45619087681_36131582a2_m.jpg30678110167_45dd146218_m.jpg

30678105227_71372d9ba5_m.jpg30678110827_eef68d2a9f_m.jpg30678110757_cf8f7f471d_m.jpg

• Guardians of the Galaxy Annual #1 (1991) - 1st appearance of Krugarr
  • Ninja High School #37 - 1st appearance of Father Sebastian Crowe (Magic Priest)
  • Ninja High School #38 - 1st appearance of Lillith the Demon Princess
  • Warrior Nun Areala #1 - 1st appearance of Warrior Nun Areala, Shotgun Mary, Mother Superion
Edited by AGGIEZ

I checked the Adventures of Superman #596 in the census but there is no note that it was a Recall copy due to the 9/11 events and the 2 buildings that are in the book that are on fire.    

Can that be added to the label?   Something like

Recalled by DC for 9/11-like Images

On 11/19/2018 at 9:28 PM, Sonny_Boy13 said:

Hi, Im a newbie with probably 2 newbie ?'s. This is my first post,. I thought I'd try the forum for help! This is a two part ?

1. I have two copies of astonishing x-men #3 mattina "virgin" edition, One is origonal purple and the other is a printing error this suposeably happend to 42 copies where the cover is blue. I was just wondering if I contact cgc with the issue will they not only recognize the error but re-lable/reslab my copy for with a label recognizing the error if I note it on the invoice?

2. I noticed some cgc graded books don't indicate that they're newstand editions and some do. How does cgc recognize this and if I indicate it as such on the invoice will they label it on the slab as a newstand edition or however they please?

Any info would be deeply appreciated Thanks again.

#comicbookkarma

20181119_203412.jpg

Sorry if this is off topic, just trying to get info!

Can we have any acknowledgement that CGC is at least considering these updates as the last post from a CGC Moderator on this page was from February 2015?

JLA #26:

1st full appearance of Jakeem Thunder

Captain Marvel Adventures #26:

1st full appearance of Mr. Mind, revealed to be a tiny, alien worm

Legion of Super-Heroes #298

1st appearance of Amethyst, Dark Opal, Granch, and Carnelian

Justice League Dark #1

1st appearance of Justice League Dark

Saban's Mighty Morphin Power Rangers #1

1st full appearance of the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers in a traditional comic book

Briggs Land #1

1st appearance of Abbie Briggs

Edited by Bart Allen

On 1/14/2019 at 5:17 AM, Bart Allen said:

Can we have any acknowledgement that CGC is at least considering these updates as the last post from a CGC Moderator on this page was from February 2015?

Justice League Dark #1

1st appearance of Justice League Dark

CGC has said they will not name Gotham City Sirens #1 the 1st appearance. I don't see why JLD #1 would not fall under those same rules. The first arc is about getting all of the team together. JLD is only the name of the comic. Are they named in a later comic?
I would also say there is contention between collectors as to unnamed but formed team with Swamp Thing #49, #50 and Annual #2.

On 2/1/2019 at 2:49 PM, ygogolak said:

CGC has said they will not name Gotham City Sirens #1 the 1st appearance. I don't see why JLD #1 would not fall under those same rules. The first arc is about getting all of the team together. JLD is only the name of the comic. Are they named in a later comic?
I would also say there is contention between collectors as to unnamed but formed team with Swamp Thing #49, #50 and Annual #2.

So technically an issue won't warrant a 1st appearance of a particular team, until said team name is said by an individual within the issue?

Hopefully this thread is still being referenced by CGC for label updates, cause I got another.

Would be good to be consistent with the "Last Issue" comment on labels so every final issue has it (visually makes sets nice, as there will be both a 'first' and 'last' issues as bookends). Please add the 'Last Issue' note to Crime Mysteries (1952-1954) No. 15.

Edited by Sauce Dog

One more label update which i'm honestly surprised no other Golden Age fans have noticed, but More Fun Comics #69 is the first appearance of Karkull (Ian Karkull, no code name) who is one of the few villains in those early issues to reappear again in the series (and then surface again later for a Silver Age appearance and a Modern Age appearance). I figure if Wotan gets a label note, then Karkull certain deserves one as well.

Shogun Warriors #1 - 1st app. Of Raydeen, Combatra, Danguard Ace.

Micronauts #1 - 1st app. of well, duh,... The Micronauts.

Star Wars Tales #23 - 1st app of Darth Malak and Darth Revan. (may have been established though, can't confirm unless I see a graded book?)

Once again, found a very odd Golden Age label issue. 

Mystic Comics #5 features the first appearance of several characters, and is currently labeled as: "Origin of Black Marvel., 1st appearance of the Terror., Full page ad for Captain America #1"

It should be expanded to say "1st appearance and origin of Black Marvel, 1st appearance of the Terror, Moon-Man, and the Blazing Skull. Full page ad for Captain America #1" 

While I could understand forgetting to include Moon-Man (seriously, he's a joke and this was his only appearance until briefly being mentioned in the 2011 Marvel series 'All-Winners Squad'), there is zero excuse to forget the legendary Blazing Skull - who would appear in future Mystic Comic issues, as well as be featured in Marvel's modern Invaders team. I feel it is a legit criminal offense to forget to mention ANY golden age skull - be it skull cover, or skull character :D 

193764-272-blazing-skull.jpg.9483def0b9337940a74afdee1fb19b66.jpg

Further more, I guess you could also label Mystic Comics #5 as a 'Hitler appearance' issue, but that could be debated as the Nazi's only refer to him in story as 'the Leader' and he is isn't shown from the front (and covers his mustache when running away sobbing).

What isn't up for debate is that the Blazing Skull made fun of Hitler so much that it made him run away crying - seriously, that is how he deals with Hitler. So maybe it deserves the unique label note of 'Crying Hitler appearance' :D

Edited by Sauce Dog