• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Label updates?
1 1

94 posts in this topic

On 10/14/2019 at 10:07 PM, Sauce Dog said:

Once again, found a very odd Golden Age label issue. 

Mystic Comics #5 features the first appearance of several characters, and is currently labeled as: "Origin of Black Marvel., 1st appearance of the Terror., Full page ad for Captain America #1"

It should be expanded to say "1st appearance and origin of Black Marvel, 1st appearance of the Terror, Moon-Man, and the Blazing Skull. Full page ad for Captain America #1" 

While I could understand forgetting to include Moon-Man (seriously, he's a joke and this was his only appearance until briefly being mentioned in the 2011 Marvel series 'All-Winners Squad'), there is zero excuse to forget the legendary Blazing Skull - who would appear in future Mystic Comic issues, as well as be featured in Marvel's modern Invaders team. I feel it is a legit criminal offense to forget to mention ANY golden age skull - be it skull cover, or skull character :D 

193764-272-blazing-skull.jpg.9483def0b9337940a74afdee1fb19b66.jpg

I like your suggestion. It would only take a few moments to type in the new information (as long as there's enough room...) 

Edited by The Lions Den

On 7/20/2017 at 4:02 PM, comxdlr said:

I have a question about Static comic the Collector's Edition IS the poly-bag edition, .. the 'regular' edition never had a poly bag.. so am i missing something? or has someone just entered the wrong notes on something and its just stuck?

Capture.GIFwas anything ever decided on this?    Collector's edition is the poly-bagged edition... 

On 9/12/2013 at 5:01 PM, Gemma said:

This has been updated in our system.

Hi @Gemma I'm sure everyone here would love to know if label updates are still being looked at here by CGC, or if there is another place / better way for the community to submit corrections? Thanks so much for taking the time, it's much appreciated :)

I'm hoping to have a nice Mystic Comics #5 soon that I want to get graded, but I'm doing so only because it's the 1st Appearance of the Blazing Skull but unfortunately that isn't reflected in the current label notes (and this ins't a forgotten Marvel character either so I figure its worth including)

2 hours ago, Sauce Dog said:

Hi @Gemma I'm sure everyone here would love to know if label updates are still being looked at here by CGC, or if there is another place / better way for the community to submit corrections? Thanks so much for taking the time, it's much appreciated :)

I'm hoping to have a nice Mystic Comics #5 soon that I want to get graded, but I'm doing so only because it's the 1st Appearance of the Blazing Skull but unfortunately that isn't reflected in the current label notes (and this ins't a forgotten Marvel character either so I figure its worth including)

FYI: Gemma hasn't been on in years ~

1 minute ago, Bart Allen said:

Well that would explain lots :D I just figured I would tag the only CGC admin who replied to my initial post here - anyone have a better idea which of the members are better to tag in on this?

Edited by Sauce Dog

1 hour ago, Keys_Collector said:

Possibly @Jennifer F. but I wouldn't hold my breath.  It seems that the common piece of advice is to include a sticky note on the book indicating the significance that should be on the label.  Sometimes that works, sometimes it doesn't.  

When I do this - and I plan rather shortly with a few books I'm also only to include justifications and official documents too ~

• Administrator

Good morning!  Label notations, such as a first appearances, are done at the graders discretion.  If you would like to request a notation that is not currently in use for a particular book, you can put that request on your order by writing it on your packing slip as well as a sticky note on the comic bag so our graders will see it. The graders will review your request but there is no guarantee that it will be added.

Thanks!

On 7/1/2020 at 10:24 AM, Jennifer F. said:

Good morning!  Label notations, such as a first appearances, are done at the graders discretion.  If you would like to request a notation that is not currently in use for a particular book, you can put that request on your order by writing it on your packing slip as well as a sticky note on the comic bag so our graders will see it. The graders will review your request but there is no guarantee that it will be added.

Thanks!

Thanks Jennifer, I'll do that for my next order and stop making a millions posts here about updates :)  

On 6/30/2020 at 10:19 PM, Bart Allen said:

On 6/30/2020 at 7:54 PM, Sauce Dog said:

I believe Gemma works in the grading room these days...