• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Label updates?
1 1

94 posts in this topic

I was wondering if CGC could update the labels for the following books to account for first appearances.

Star Wars (1977) #1 -

Part 1 of "A New Hope" adaptation

First appearances of Luke Skywalker, Darth Vader, Princess Leia Organa, Han Solo, Chewbacca in comics

Star Wars (1977) #2 -

Part 2 of "A New Hope" adaptation

First appearance of Jabba the Hutt in comics

Star Wars (1977) #5 -

Part 5 of "A New Hope" adaptation

First appearance of Wedge Antilles in comics

Star Wars (1977) #6 -

Part 6 of "A New Hope" adaptation

First appearance of Mon Mothma in comics

Star Wars can get a little sticky with different continuities across different companies and with the new movies coming out, these labels would make sense. Thanks for your time.

So we've talked about it in the grading room and this is what we did -

Avenging Spider-man #9 -

1st Carol Danvers as Captain Marvel, predates Captain Marvel #1 (9/12)

Captain Marvel #1 -

Carol Danvers becomes the new Captain Marvel.

If books that appear earlier in continuity but released shortly after the first published appearance of an event warrant a label notation, Batman & the Outsiders #1 should probably be noted as the formation of the team (at the very least) and the first appearance in continuity of Katana, Geo-force, and Halo, as the preview story in Brave & Bold #200 from the previous month falls between issues 3 & 4 in continuity.

Hi there,

Hawkeye v. Deadpool #0 has a three page cameo of both "spider-gwen" and "lady thor that pre-dates both of their official "first appearances".

Any chance the label of that can be updated as such ?

Regards,

-Jay

Hi,

Jock is credited for "cover & art" on the label for "Wytches #4 Eh! Variant Cover".

However, the cover is clearly signed by Garry Brown. This can be easily confirmed.

http://www.felixcomicart.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=11123&ArtistId=565

I suppose the label for "Wytches #4 Eh! Variant Cover / Recalled Edition" needs to be fixed too.

Thanks.

Did CGC change the label on Amazing Spider-Man 533 sketch cover? I see some copies graded that have convention edition on the label and others that have limited edition. The books look identical.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Amazing-Spider-man-533-CGC-9-8-WP-Con-Edition-Modern-Marvel-Comic-I-G-K-C-L-K-/301633263058?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item463abe55d2

http://www.ebay.com/itm/151699664899?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1558.l2649

Hi, not sure if this has been raised before but in the notes for X Force (1st series) # 11, it is listed as the first appearance of the "real" Domino (fairly understandably as it is revealed that the current person posing as Domino is a fake).

However the "real" Domino first appears in X Force # 8, she has a cover appearance, appears in ten interior pages and has dialogue. I realise that these scenes are in a long flashback sequence but it IS the first appearance of that character instead of # 11 and in my opinion should be listed as such.

There is a discussion in Modern forum concerning the labels of Amazing Spider-Man 533 sketch cover from SDCC. There are different labels for this book. Some are labeled convention and others limited. They appear to be the same book. Did CGC switch the labeling on this issue at some point or are there two different versions of this book?

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=6034801#Post6034801

http://www.ebay.com/itm/AMAZING-SPIDERMAN-533-CGC-9-8-SDCC-VARIANT-STAN-LEE-CIVIL-WAR-AVENGERS-IRON-MAN-/151699664899?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2352013003

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Amazing-Spider-man-533-CGC-9-8-WP-Con-Edition-Modern-Marvel-Comic-I-G-K-C-L-K-/301661605050?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item463c6eccba

The following may have been requested or already corrected but I have seen some comments missing from VALIANT Volume 1 CGC books from the 1990's and from the current run that I have recently purchased or submitted.

1. Shadowman 16 (AUG/93) is missing the comment (or a similar comment) of it being the 1st appearance of Dr. Mirage (Hwen Fong and Carmen Mirage).

2. Divinity 1 (FEB/14) is missing the comment (or a similar comment) of it being the 1st appearance of Divinity (Abram Adams).

3. Ninjak 1 (MAR/15) is missing the comment (or a similar comment) of it being the 1st appearance of Roku.

4. Imperium 1 (FEB/15) is missing the comment (or a similar comment) of it being the 1st appearance of Lord Vine 99 and Mech Major (Sunlight on Snow).

5. Imperium 2 (MAR/15) is missing the comment (or a similar comment) of it being the 1st appearance of Gravedog.

I know there are several VALIANT fans/experts on the boards who have been tracking some of the missing comments in regard to VALIANT comics and may have PM'd CGC with the missing/requested comments. If that is the case and the above were addressed, please disregard this post. Have a great day and thank you for your time.

Are we ever going to see an update on Deadpool secret wars 2 Gwenpool variant. It states only "Gwen Stacy variant" no mention of a Gwenpool appearance what so ever. You have Howard the Duck 1 as her 1st full appearance. Everybody already knew who she was and anticipated that title because of her. How did we all know? Deadpool secret wars 2 Gwenpool variant...thats hiw ;)

emLmyc7.jpg

EePpXMM.jpg

Two things regarding the label:

1. What is written makes it sound like there are three covers.

2. It's a homage cover to Spider-Man #1.

I just got this back from my Comic Book Shop here in Spokane, WA. :)

The flip side of this book is also a homage cover to Spider-Man #1.

IlI7H0E.jpg

xLSi5yD.jpg

KagBbxf.jpg