Label updates?
1 1

Question

edZio   
  • 518 posts

Hi,

Just quick question but do you have an email we can direct updates for label information?

I have an issue I wish to submit (Journey into Fear #1, superior comics, 1951) but all the CGC labels I see do not have artist information though it is known that artist Matt Baker did the interiors for 2 of the stories within (based on HA.com auctions this is known, and from http://www.comics.org/issue/64882/)

He was a big name for that era and issues are often collected for his art alone so it would be a good idea to apply credit where credit is due. Thanks :)

45 answers to this question

GLCBrad   
  • 1,251 posts

I would like to request a label update for Image Comics Invincible by Robert Kirkman

Invincible 16 (First Appearance Angstrom Levy)

Invincible 113 (First Appearance Terra)- Mark and Eve's Daughter

Invincible 127 (First Cameo Appearance of Ursaal and Onnan)

Invincible 128 (First Full Appearance Ursaal)

Invincible 129 (First Appearance Marky)

Harley Troy   
  • 2,581 posts

Hello!

I was at the Denver Comic Con 2017 and had the great pleasure of meeting artist Victor "Vic" Carrabotta! He is incredibly sharp and remembers every piece of art he did in the books that were presented to him for a signature. I had a Journey into Unknown Worlds #47 signed by him and he went right to his complete story and told me, " This was the FIRST robocop story ever, before that new robocop stuff!" And sure enough the second panel depicts an steel/iron robot police thing! It was great talking with him. 

The question I have is that the current label for this book does not list him as an artist, so I would ask CGC to update the label to include Vic Carrabotta as artist. Thanks for the time!

Troy

comxdlr   
  • 63 posts

I have a question about Static comic the Collector's Edition IS the poly-bag edition, .. the 'regular' edition never had a poly bag.. so am i missing something? or has someone just entered the wrong notes on something and its just stuck?

Capture.GIF

kat123   

Hello CGC

can you please update this CGC labels: 

All Picture Adventure #1 1952 this St John book has a Matt Baker-cover and art by Matt Baker. This 100pg book has Fightin Marines theme from the Fightin Marines books St John was doing in that period. Books FM#15(1) to #12 all with Matt Baker-covers n art.

Fightin Marines #10 1952 Matt Baker-cover/art and interior Canteen Kate-story.

thank you

Will

peterchizzle   
  • 91 posts

CGC,

Can you please update the label for Detective Comics #168. This is also the "1st appearance of the Red Hood". Right now its just "Origin of the Joker".

Thank you!

-Peter