• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Skywald Complete Cover Gallery - Psycho ; Nightmare ; Scream ;

66 posts in this topic

Hey Yall, thought I would take a second and do something meaning full for the board.

I will start to put up cover gallery images of the Complete Skywald comic Magazine Library. We will start today with The Complete Nightmare Library and followed by the complete Scream Library. Enjoy!

604524-Skywald_Nightmare_Run.jpg

604524-Skywald_Nightmare_Run.jpg.0bea6f704f3195afefd96e5e419733f6.jpg

And now for....Scream!....Screeeam!!!.....Scrrrrrrreeeeaaaammmm!!!!!!!!

604527-Skywald_Scream.jpg

Nice Run! hail.gif

One thing that always bothered me on this run was that it ended before the conclusion of "The Victims" storyline. I really wanted to find out what happened to those crazy chicks! mad.gif

Hey Bounty,

Could you briefly list the issues for Skywald you have found to be the harder to find, just a brief list? popcorn.gif

Hey Fuel I just went ahead and grabbed it from the other thread for you! I even updated some books and added a few that I forgot.

Here is my synopsis on the situation. Of course when it comes to grade they are all difficult to get in a solid VF8.0-VF+8.5 or higher. Near Scarce in NM 9.4 or higher. These books take patience to collect. Another thing I forgot was that 40% of these had black back covers as well! This means that you have double the chance of having problems with them.

Here are some particular issues that are hard to obtain in either High Grade due to specific covers or just because they had a lower distribution.

Psycho #2 - I do not know where all of these issues are, but they are hiding well. I've seen 2 pop up in over a VF/NM 9.0 during the past 2 years, and both went over guide price. Also has the First App. of the Heap. Also has 68 pages and was prone to binding defects I believe.

Psycho #8 - Squarebound issue. Rarely see them pop up.

Psycho #9 - Tough Black cover with Slithery Slime Man. Very prone to fingerprints and other abrasions.

Psycho #12 - All white cover with Jeff Jones Front peice. Art was suppossed to be for the Space Oddyssey title that got bagged. Tough book to find.

Psycho #14 - Classic Creeps cover with all black. Very prone to fingerprints. Anything wrong will show up on this issue!

Psycho #18 - Classic Eye Injury Panel cover with black border. Very prone to fingerprints and other abrasions. High Grade copies of this issue will bring retarded money.

Psycho #21 - All black cover and I believe that these later psycho's may have had cheaper paper. Which is likely since Skywald was beginning to fold under.

Psycho #22 1974 Fall special - Not only is this another tough black cover, but it may have been low distribution. I rarely see this pop up.

Psycho 1974 Yearbook - Rediculous to find! All black boarder cover. I have only seen 3 in the last 2 years. and 2 of them were Fine 6.0's. The otherthough was Bobcats NM- 9.2 and that went for bookoo bucks, $135+.

Scream #1 - This issue had a tough deep color cover. And I see a lot more high grade copies of the rest of the skywalds books compared to this issue.

Scream #8-#11 - A few board members have stated the low distribution in issue #10 & #11 with #11 being the real pain in the . But I think that it stretches from Issue #8 to #11. I've only seen 2 #8's and 2 #9's for sale in the last few years, but 3-4 of the #10's and #11's. Granted none higher than a VF/NM 9.0.

Nightmare #1 - Tougher to find than Psycho #1 (In my oppinion...may just be my geographic). It predates Psycho #1 by a few months or more. Was produced in 1970. Just don't see many of these available when compared to Psycho #1 (though Psycho #1 is still difficult to find in desirable grades).

Nightmare #2 - Boris cover, have seen less of these pop up than the first issue. For whatever reason it is, shares the same trait as Psycho #2.

Nightmare #15 - All black dracula cover. Rarely see them pop up. Plus it has a very hard to keep straight dark black cover.

Nightmare #20 - First John Byrne art, so it has a double market. John Byrne Fans are deep, so once they grab these they dont let them go. So I don't know if it was low distribution or just for the fact that no one lets them go that they are so hard to find. But they are tough!

Nightmare #21 - Summer Special - Dark cover For some reason the #20 and #21 are hard to locate. Maybe low dist. at the time...Have no Idea.

Crime Machine #1 - Possibly one of the Hardest Skywald books to obtain. I've only seen 1 for sale in 2 years. Tough darker cover also prone to defects.

-bounty

Nice Run! hail.gif

One thing that always bothered me on this run was that it ended before the conclusion of "The Victims" storyline. I really wanted to find out what happened to those crazy chicks! mad.gif

No Kidding! That Victims story line was an Epic. One of the best continuing stories ever written for comic and magazines! In fact that story line would show Thanos and the Infinity Gauntlet series how to tie its shoes sumo.gif

Nice Run! hail.gif

No Kidding! That Victims story line was an Epic. One of the best continuing stories ever written for comic and magazines! In fact that story line would show Thanos and the Infinity Gauntlet series how to tie its shoes sumo.gif

It was a great storyline, at least when I was 12 or 13! I just remember that every story arc ended with them in an extremely insane situation confronted with characters such as "I am Horror" or some such, cool stuff! thumbsup2.gif

Aww, see what you did, you've gone and put me in the "Horror-Mood"!

Thanks b_c ...I can't wait to see the Psycho gallery... yay.giftakeit.gif

Just for you Ai The Complete Psycho Library!!!!!!!!!!!!! Actaully feels awesome to look back, and remember the time and effort that it took to acquire certain issues. Each book has a little bit of a history of its own. *tear*

605528-Psycho_Complete_Run.jpg

605528-Psycho_Complete_Run.jpg.fa5204f95e34348c1859702d01999304.jpg

I luv 'em... thumbsup2.gifcloud9.gif

I remember buying the 1st 4 issues off the newstand and reading them cover-cover...I still have #4 which is my favorite...mostly due to the cover...

That sickly green creature still chills me to the bone when I look at him...and of course.. The Heap totally creeps me out... shy.gif